1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hardware problems getting N7 to power on

I'm on my second N7 tablet I got for Christmas. The first one wouldn't power on after doing everything google suggested to power it on, so I returned it for a new one, Which work well until today. We went to get a case and got the speck hard case, and once I put it in it wouldn't power on. I tried to get my tablet out of the case and in doing so the screen separated from the body. I eventually got it out in one piece but now it's not powering on anymore. Has anyone else had these hardware issues? I'm going to trade this one in for one more and not use the speck case again.

Default Re: Hardware problems getting N7 to power on

try holding the power button for a really long time, while also rocking your finger on the button.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks that got it to come back on, I'm still going to exchange it cause it came apart. Has anyone had an issue with the screen coming disconnected?

No but I actually disassembled my first one trying to fix the horrible light bleed that it had on the screen and when reassembled it would not turn on, thats when I rocked the power switch with my finger making sure to direct the pressure to the top only, then bottom etc.. and that "fixed" it. Never ended up fixing light bleed however so I exchanged it. Either way it can't be a good sign having to do that to get it to turn on. Definitely exchange it.