Stopping Apps?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Feel kinda of silly asking, but is there any other way of stopping app that are running, besides going into settings...

Well, keep in mind Android likes having apps in memory. Unlike Windows, having the apps already in memory helps them to load faster, due to less data they have to reload everytime the app is closed out.

castleruins

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
so, yeah, I appreciate the info in those articles but really am no more the wiser. l've taught my 8yo nephew to swipe away every so often, and he's actually very attentive to the process. We don't bother with killing through settings or any task mngr, just swipe away. Very rarely reboot. So, what's the best practice? Maybe just swipe away nightly? Or just seldom used? He likes to play games, sometimes he'll play one a long time, sometimes he'll play numerous games for a short time each. If I tell him not to worry about it, I'm sure I won't have to tell him twice. I'd like him to have a routine and to treat his tablet with care afforded a grown-up toy/tool.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I always thought so too, but if you do that and then open a task manager app still in memory. So now I'm no longer sure that really stops the app.

I dont think that stops app, only removes it from list.

wrong!!! watch the video below.
There are 2 type of app
1. Normal (will close if you close recent)
2. Service Apps (just like windows service which will reopen after you close it) but the app part can still be closed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI4ZEhlsX-Y

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1