- 120 Posts
Removing Google Mail
I get my e-mail via Yahoo!Mail. I notice that I'm also getting these messages via Google Mail. Since Yahoo is preferred, I'd like to eliminate Google Mail. (Will this improve battery life and/performance?) What's the easiest way of stopping Google Mail -- remove app, force stop app, do nothing, something else?
- 12-28-2013, 02:30 PM #2
- 12-28-2013, 04:31 PM #4
- 62 Posts
Re: Removing Google Mail
You usually can't uninstall Gmail from an android phone. But depending on your version of Android, you may be able to uninstall the updates and possibly turn off the app. Go to Settings - Application Manager - Gmail and see what choices it gives you.
You should also go to settings - Accounts - Google, and uncheck the Sync box next to Gmail.
Finally, while the app will remain on your phone, you can delete the icon from your home screen by long pressing and dragging it to the trash.
When you've done all this, the app will still be on your phone but taking up minimal space and consuming no resources.
- 12-28-2013, 04:58 PM #5
- 72 Posts
Re: Removing Google Mail"Don't confuse me with facts, I've already made up my mind!"
AT&T HTC One X 4.2.2 CleanROM-odexed/Xposed/ ElementalX, Nexus 5 32GB, Nexus 7 32GB (2013)
- By Edible Walrus in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 19Last Post: 01-07-2014, 01:02 PM
- By joe_fresh in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 29Last Post: 12-29-2013, 07:45 PM
- By fishweb in forum Moto XReplies: 4Last Post: 12-28-2013, 03:43 AM
- By Manoj Bhaskaran in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 1Last Post: 12-27-2013, 06:47 PM
- By d_s_ng in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 0Last Post: 12-27-2013, 03:43 PM