Nexus 7: is there a fix for unable to deposit with bank apps?

pete t

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I am not able to make camera deposits with my new nexus 7 gen 2 with multiple banks include chase, capital one, wells fargo, etc. I have read that others have same problem. Is there a solution to this?

:-\

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: is there a fix for unable to deposit?

Welcome to Android Central! That's weird, I tested it out with the Bank of America app on my 2013 N7, and I can confirm that as well. I wonder if the apps still think its a first gen without the rear-facing camera. Best thing to do would be do email the developers of all of the bank apps that you use and bug them to fix it!

pete t

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. Its unusual that all the banking apps shows the same exact thing- colored straight thin lines when taking pix of the checks- Its unfortunate because unlike most people, I dont have a smart phone, so it was a big reason why I bought the tablet so I can make mobile deposits. It looks like the problem exist with the nexus, just suprised most people dont care about it, guess its because everyone already has smartphones for deposits.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

Interesting. I took a look at the Bank of America app and I see there are separate ones for the tablet and the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I only see one B of A app--it's the same one on my phone and my tablet.

Posted via Android Central App

George Stevens

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

I can't do a lot of things on my bank's app, That's why I use my n7 to go to their regular full website via Google Chrome.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, but interestingly enough, the tablet app isn't compatible with neither the 2012 nor the 2013 N7. It's compatible with my Asus TF300, which makes me think this is specifically for 10" devices.

You might be right. It is compatible with my Nexus 10. I just noticed that there were 2 apps and perhaps the issue the poster (and you) are having might be related.

tb801

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I have recently noticed I have this problem with my Credit Union. The mobile deposit used to work but doesn't anymore. Same thing happened on my Droid mini but my wifes Galaxy 3 works fine.

parks1348

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site

I have the same problem with all banking apps, B of A and a credit union app, on my 2013 N7. I thought the problem was with the camera; so I restarted the camera service, thinking that would help. But, I have not been able to use mobile deposits on the device.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Have you updated to the latest version? I know that B of A has been fixing some deposit glitches with some recent updates.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674