Transfering Word files

lawrenn

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I am a new user. I cannot get word files (Doc or Docx) to transfer via USB from PC to Nexus. When I try I get a message to say that my Nexus may not be able to read them. Then, according to the PC the file transfers, but I cannot find anything anywhere on the Nexus. According to the specs this is a supported file type and I have 2 Apps which will process them.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how his response was not helpful. If you transfer the file using Dropbox or Google Drive, it will work without a problem. I have no idea why it won't work over USB though. What directory are you trying to put the file in on the Nexus 7?

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Response may not be helpful to your specific issue, but it could be helpful to others. By placing your documents in cloud storage (Dropbox/Google Drive/SkyDrive), they will be accessible by any of your devices (phone/tablet/computer) as well as shared to coworkers or friends. They will also be easier to find since you won't have to figure out or search for what location that they were put in. Sneakernet in the 21st century.

Posted via Android Central App

lawrenn

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Response not helpful because it just avoids the problem & does not solve it. Anyway - some of us live in rural England where the Cloud is of some use as off-line storage but often too slow for routine use.
I have been trying to put the files into "Downloads". This works for PDFs but not for DOCs.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Response not helpful because it just avoids the problem & does not solve it. Anyway - some of us live in rural England where the Cloud is of some use as off-line storage but often too slow for routine use.
I have been trying to put the files into "Downloads". This works for PDFs but not for DOCs.

That should work. No idea why it wouldn't. What program are you trying to open the files with? Do they show as being in the downloads folder of your tablet when you look there via your PC?

Also, I don't think anyone is suggesting you keep it in Dropbox or Drive permenantly, but you could upload it from your PC to a cloud service while you are at home, then pick up your tablet and download it to your tablet from that same cloud service.

lawrenn

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your patience & understanding. Yes, they do show as being on the Nexus when viewed from the PC. I have 2 pieces of sotware

Burgo

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Office suite pro works a treats on Nexus 6 & Nexus 4 phone for me. Files (mostly) are in "my documents" though the app does a good job of finding them pretty well anywhere.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital