1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can i use a OTG USB flash drive and HDMI output at the same time?

I've been browsing Amazon for a HDMI cable to mirror my Nexus 7. I noticed some HDMI adapters have a mirco USB slot so you can charge your device while connected to the TV.

Could I use that micro USB slot to connect a OTG cable w/ a flash drive while mirroring my N7? I would assume I could. If so, anyone have any recommendations for a good adapter/cable?

Thanks in advance :-)

Default Re: Can i use a OTG USB flash drive and HDMI output at the same time?

Bump, I'd be curious about an answer too

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Me too as I'd like to use a ps3 controller via USB OTG while playing on a larger screen

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sorry to panic your kernel, but i don't think this can happen. Micro usb ports designed to transfer power and data are two different things. I believe the one in the cable is just power.

I find your lack of faith in android disturbing.

You can't. Slimport switches between USB or HDMI. USB and HDMI is not possible at the same time.

You'll find more details here: