Orange Wifi bar!! HELP!

Creepig01

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Okay so my Nexus 7 (2013) was doing fine till the other day.. I changed the time zone for a game and now it has a orange wifi bar and won't let me connect to the Google Play store! It lets me connect to everything else that requires Wifi. I've tried updating the router, factory reset, airplane mode off then on etc. I am running Android KitKat 4.4.2 Rooted Kernel is KOT49H no custom ROMs.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
First try this: Go to your wifi settings, and tap your wifi network that you're on. Tap forget. Turn off the tablet
unplug your modem and router and leave them unplugged for 30 seconds.
Plug in your modem and let it connect - about a minute, or until all the indicator light settle down
Plug in your Router, and let it connect - about a minute.
Turn on your tablet. see if you can connect to your network.

Try to change your timezone back to how it was.

If that doesn't work....

Go to Settings > Accounts

Delete your Gmail account. (don't worry, you won't lose any data that's on your device).
Reboot
Tap on a Google app (Gmail, YouTube, PlayStore, etc). You'll get a box popping up asking if you want to add an account or use and existing one. Tap "existing" and enter your information. That SHOULD get you back in.

Deniz Atak

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I did a flash factory image for the same issue that you had and I still was not able to get rid of the problem. I learned that android 4.4.4 had some bug so now im back on 4.4.3. Do not update to 4.4.4. Going back to 4.4.3 fixed the issue