Touch screen problem, grounding

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I went through 4 nexus 7's. 3 16 gigs made in June and July, and 1 32 gig made in August of 2013. They all have an annoying touch screen problem while they are in the folio case, where some of the screen is not responsive to the touch at all.

Are there any newer nexus 7's that don't suffer from this? Maybe the white ones? Do all nexus 7's have this problem and some people aren't aware because they don't use a case?

I love the form factor of this tablet, really want one to work 100%.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I can certainly say that not all Nexus 7's have this problem. I have a RooCase Origami Folio case, and have never had any issues with the touchscreen. Seems weird that a folio case would cause a problem--which one are you using? And has the problem you're describing with all 4 Nexus 7's only occurred with that one folio case? Have you considered trying a different case?

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I can certainly say that not all Nexus 7's have this problem. I have a RooCase Origami Folio case, and have never had any issues with the touchscreen. Seems weird that a folio case would cause a problem--which one are you using? And has the problem you're describing with all 4 Nexus 7's only occurred with that one folio case? Have you considered trying a different case?

I have just used the google branded folio. But thats only when I noticed the problem. Here is a youtube link to the exact issue I had on all 4. Nexus 7 2013 FHD touchscreen issues after 'repair' - YouTube

I tried 3 different months that the nexus was made, hoping it was a hardware issue that was fixed, but they all had this issue. Just hoping someone has an insight, or know if the newer 7's were fixed!

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
No one else have this strange issue with their nexus 7? I went through 4 of them from my local best buy just cause of this problem

Last edited:

yakkwak

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Related issue? My 7 LTE's touchscreen responsiveness drops immediately when it is laid flat. Then minute I pick it back up and continue typing, the responsiveness improves. Maybe the back part of a cover has a similar effect as when laying it flat?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've seen some posts that sound similar. Give the forum a little time--it can take a couple of days sometimes for people to respond.

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Related issue? My 7 LTE's touchscreen responsiveness drops immediately when it is laid flat. Then minute I pick it back up and continue typing, the responsiveness improves. Maybe the back part of a cover has a similar effect as when laying it flat?

That sounds pretty similar. I have a 6 month old daughter, so I rely on the one handed use, except when it doesn't register my finger is kinda pointless.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Interesting issue. I don't think I have every used my tablet one-handed since I am a touch typist. But, I tried it and it seemed to work OK for me. I have a Poetic case.

ham-tato

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I also have the new nexus 7 with the poetic slim case. My issue is with my presses not registering sometimes. I did a few tests and it definitely has to do with holding the device or not. When I am holding it with the case, it works well and register my touches. Putting it down and touching it with one hand and a lot of presses are not registering. Have the same result with or without the case on.

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I also have the new nexus 7 with the poetic slim case. My issue is with my presses not registering sometimes. I did a few tests and it definitely has to do with holding the device or not. When I am holding it with the case, it works well and register my touches. Putting it down and touching it with one hand and a lot of presses are not registering. Have the same result with or without the case on.

I secretly wonder if every Nexus 7 has this problem. If you do a Google search, a ton of info comes up.

undulose

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I never had a problem too with my Nexus 7. Bought it last September 2013.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol