Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yakkwak
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Touch screen problem, grounding

    I went through 4 nexus 7's. 3 16 gigs made in June and July, and 1 32 gig made in August of 2013. They all have an annoying touch screen problem while they are in the folio case, where some of the screen is not responsive to the touch at all.

    Are there any newer nexus 7's that don't suffer from this? Maybe the white ones? Do all nexus 7's have this problem and some people aren't aware because they don't use a case?

    I love the form factor of this tablet, really want one to work 100%.

    Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Touch screen problem, grounding

    I can certainly say that not all Nexus 7's have this problem. I have a RooCase Origami Folio case, and have never had any issues with the touchscreen. Seems weird that a folio case would cause a problem--which one are you using? And has the problem you're describing with all 4 Nexus 7's only occurred with that one folio case? Have you considered trying a different case?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Touch screen problem, grounding

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    I can certainly say that not all Nexus 7's have this problem. I have a RooCase Origami Folio case, and have never had any issues with the touchscreen. Seems weird that a folio case would cause a problem--which one are you using? And has the problem you're describing with all 4 Nexus 7's only occurred with that one folio case? Have you considered trying a different case?
    I have just used the google branded folio. But thats only when I noticed the problem. Here is a youtube link to the exact issue I had on all 4.

    I tried 3 different months that the nexus was made, hoping it was a hardware issue that was fixed, but they all had this issue. Just hoping someone has an insight, or know if the newer 7's were fixed!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Touch screen problem, grounding

    No one else have this strange issue with their nexus 7? I went through 4 of them from my local best buy just cause of this problem

    Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Touch screen problem, grounding

    Related issue? My 7 LTE's touchscreen responsiveness drops immediately when it is laid flat. Then minute I pick it back up and continue typing, the responsiveness improves. Maybe the back part of a cover has a similar effect as when laying it flat?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2:
    matt3166 likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Touch screen problem, grounding

    I've seen some posts that sound similar. Give the forum a little time--it can take a couple of days sometimes for people to respond.

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Touch screen problem, grounding

    Quote Originally Posted by yakkwak View Post
    Related issue? My 7 LTE's touchscreen responsiveness drops immediately when it is laid flat. Then minute I pick it back up and continue typing, the responsiveness improves. Maybe the back part of a cover has a similar effect as when laying it flat?

    Posted via Android Central App
    That sounds pretty similar. I have a 6 month old daughter, so I rely on the one handed use, except when it doesn't register my finger is kinda pointless.

    Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Touch screen problem, grounding

    Interesting issue. I don't think I have every used my tablet one-handed since I am a touch typist. But, I tried it and it seemed to work OK for me. I have a Poetic case.
    Thanked by:
    dajobo 
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Touch screen problem, grounding

    I also have the new nexus 7 with the poetic slim case. My issue is with my presses not registering sometimes. I did a few tests and it definitely has to do with holding the device or not. When I am holding it with the case, it works well and register my touches. Putting it down and touching it with one hand and a lot of presses are not registering. Have the same result with or without the case on.
    Thanked by:
    dajobo 
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Touch screen problem, grounding

    Quote Originally Posted by ham-tato View Post
    I also have the new nexus 7 with the poetic slim case. My issue is with my presses not registering sometimes. I did a few tests and it definitely has to do with holding the device or not. When I am holding it with the case, it works well and register my touches. Putting it down and touching it with one hand and a lot of presses are not registering. Have the same result with or without the case on.
    I secretly wonder if every Nexus 7 has this problem. If you do a Google search, a ton of info comes up.

    Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
  11. #11  
    undulose's Avatar

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts

    Default Re: Touch screen problem, grounding

    I never had a problem too with my Nexus 7. Bought it last September 2013.

    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    dajobo 
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Touch screen problem, grounding

    yep, seems to be a grounding issue.

    there are some materials that fix it when placed behind the tablet:
    Take that multi-touch! Fix and lock in what works for YOU regardless of updates - Page 132 - xda-developers

    there is also a software fix that kinda works:
    Take that multi-touch! Fix and lock in what works for YOU regardless of updates - xda-developers

Similar Threads

  1. Sprint S4 unlock problems
    By Erin Heilner in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 04:20 PM
  2. Samsung S3 external power pack problem
    By Jamesb1974 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-07-2014, 05:18 AM
  3. Moto X: Signal problems where my Galaxy Nexus had none
    By shinydiscopants in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-13-2014, 02:23 PM
  4. Active Notifications Problem
    By SandmanATHF in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 11:16 PM
  5. Several Galaxy S4 Problems
    By Stuart Campbell in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 04:27 PM

Posting Permissions