1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Contacts Input

Ok here is the problem that I have if I put a new contact in name address phone number in my gmail account. I then look at it on my ipad the address does not look right. The street address is ok but the city state and zip is in the wrong place Is there anyway to fix this . The ipad has a place for street and place for city and state zip. But the nexus 7 does not. Just a line. So does anyone have the answer for this problem.

Default Re: Contacts Input

Google and Android generally don't use separate fields for street, city, state, or zip. I don't know the exact reason, but I would guess it's because Google Search and Google Maps can figure out the location with various combinations of those terms in free form, so there is no need for separate fields.

How are you entering the address? I enter them like this:

1234 Example St.
    Anytown, CA 12345

I've never checked to see how this translates over to iOS, but I thought it would be a good idea to see if you're entering them in what's typically considered the conventional way.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ok just try it that way still no luck. What funny is my note2 or s3 are setup the right way. I guess I am going to have to find a tablet that has the separate fields for the address. Unless someone has the fix

Where are you looking on your iPad? The native Contacts app? The Gmail app?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The native app on the ipad

When I get a chance, I'll check my wife's iPad Mini to see if I can figure out any workaround.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks I can believe that I'm the only one that has run into this problem. But my wife always says if anyone going to find something wrong it's going to be me.