Screen Issue (hardware or software?)

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

So today I opened my folio case on my N7 and to my dismay my screen was jacked. I do not recall the tablet going through any sort of traumatic fall of any kind; but did have an issue getting it out of a second case that I bought. When removing it from the case, one corner of the screen had separated from the back plate, but I easily snapped them back together and the tablet worked fine the next few days. I have also already wiped the cache and done a factory reset to no avail. The screen bleeds like this no matter what image is on there EXCEPT the shut down screen, that looks perfectly normal. Also when in the app tray, when it first opens it is normal, or when I swipe from page to page, but once the icons are set the bleed happens. Is my digitizer busted? Has anyone else had this issue, either with or without a drop?
IMAG0026.jpgIMAG0025.jpgIMAG0024.jpg

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am tempted to say this may be a hardware issue. Anything software, aside from reflashing the current OS, or rolling back one version, you have covered by the wipes.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
That's what I figured. All the touch still works, so maybe the lcd went bad? All I know is that I can't see any cracks or anything in the screen. So I'm hoping this will be something covered under warranty, even though I've been reading that asus isn't the best with that kind of stuff.