1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooting Issues- No SU Binary, Recovery Mode Error?

Alright so I installed the app "How to Root". I followed all the instructions but had some issues when I got to the Root via TWRP step. It asks me to copy UPDATE-SuperSU-vX-zip into the storage of my Nexus 7. However, my system restricts that. Any way to fix this? Using Andro Zip, I placed it in /storage/emulated/0.

Next step was to go into recovery mode. When I do this I get an android guy lying on his back with a red triangle and explanation mark. How do I fix this?

Finally, not knowing what to do next, I installed the SU app on my tablet manually using Andro Zip. I get "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it."

How can I fix this? Thanks

Default Re: Rooting Issues- No SU Binary, Recovery Mode Error?

Quote Originally Posted by nexus776 View Post
    Alright so I installed the app "How to Root". I followed all the instructions but had some issues when I got to the Root via TWRP step. It asks me to copy UPDATE-SuperSU-vX-zip into the storage of my Nexus 7. However, my system restricts that. Any way to fix this? Using Andro Zip, I placed it in /storage/emulated/0.

Next step was to go into recovery mode. When I do this I get an android guy lying on his back with a red triangle and explanation mark. How do I fix this?

Finally, not knowing what to do next, I installed the SU app on my tablet manually using Andro Zip. I get "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it."

How can I fix this? Thanks
    Go on the internet and download nexus root toolkit it will do it all for ya

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

Oh and p.s I can't stress this enough when you've rooted and got busybox installed and updated and the play store has updated your apps (if it needs too) then go into recovery and click on backup to do a nandroid backup which is a clone of your tablet for restoring in case anything goes wrong... Good luck.

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..