Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By saichick04
  • 3 Post By muddy211
  • 5 Post By Gwaron
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    ROM
    Arctic HD son! What what!

Default Nexus 7: 100% back

I traded my beloved iPad mini for a Nexus 7 2013. Why oh why didn't I do this sooner? One can really get wrapped up in the Apple ecosystem. I realize you can say the same for Android. Kit Kat is awesome. I'm really enjoying this device. Fits my personality well with my s4. Looking forward to learning more about the Nexus! Thanks guys.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-15-2014 at 10:16 PM.
    Thanked by:
    ynomrah and B. Diddy like this.

Default Re: 100% back

Welcome to the Nexus world
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
    Banned

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

The new N7 is a great device and spec wise its on top...I never understood the loyalty to one brand or the other? I go with the best specs and usability best bang for the buck mentality...Never understood the FanBoys...
    Thanked by:
    Vaas, adriandb and ILLmatic173 like this.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Believe me, there's just as many Android fanboys, and probably more vocal

We LOVE the Nexus 7 here at Android Central

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    ROM

I'm loving it too!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I just picked one up at Xmas and am loving it. This is only my second android device (also using an HTC One) and It's perfect for this form factor. I still love my full sized ipad, but for the smaller size I think this is the best device.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon
    Thanked by:
    Gwaron 

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adriandb View Post
    I just picked one up at Xmas and am loving it. This is only my second android device (also using an HTC One) and It's perfect for this form factor. I still love my full sized ipad, but for the smaller size I think this is the best device.
    I agree completely. I have an iPad air and the N7. I use the N7 exclusively for travel, but I miss the 128GB capacity!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaron View Post
    I agree completely. I have an iPad air and the N7. I use the N7 exclusively for travel, but I miss the 128GB capacity!
    Nice. I'll be picking up a 128 Air soon enough. Cant wait. That's the perfect storage for a full sized tablet for me.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    ROM

My nexus was constantly rebooting itself! This is my second one and it is doing the same thing. I'm going to search the forum for some ideas because this is ridiculous. I really like this tablet but I can't take the reboots.

A couple of things to try:

1. Try booting into Safe Mode, following these instructions: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2852139?hl=en. Safe Mode disables 3rd party apps, so if the restarts continue, then you know that 3rd party apps aren't causing the problem--it's more likely to be the system or the hardware. If the restarts stop, then it is more likely some app you installed.

2. Try a cache partition wipe. You won't lose any personal data or settings: http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...tion-wipe.html
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    17,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I agree on the cache wipe. There is probably conflicting data somewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaron View Post
    You can always use an otg cable and hookup and flash drive to it. Bought a 16gb model and always have a 32gb flash drive on me so it works out perfectly.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Low View Post
    You can always use an otg cable and hookup and flash drive to it. Bought a 16gb model and always have a 32gb flash drive on me so it works out perfectly.

Posted via Android Central App
    I use the N7 on travel due to reduced size and portability. I'd rather use the iPad than mess with external cables and flash drives. The 32GB on the N7 gets a little restrictive, but I've learned to work around it. Sure would be nice to have higher memory capacity, though.

Global Posts
    7,398 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

That's awesome! You have two good devices...let us know if you have any questions.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    ROM

I've wiped the cache. I'll try it in safe mode when I get home! thanks guys. Are any of you still experiencing reboots?

I've had maybe one or two random reboots on my N7, and I've had it for several months. It isn't a frequent occurrence for me.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    I've had maybe one or two random reboots on my N7, and I've had it for several months. It isn't a frequent occurrence for me.
    That's not bad at all!

Unfortunately, some of the issues seem to be widespread although a percentage of defective units is unknown. So far I'm 3 for 3 with defective units that I keep exchanging at the Play Store. Other than that its an awesome tablet.

I went through a few too before getting an acceptable one.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    ROM

I'm currently out of town aka away from my box and receipt and my Nexus is still rebooting. I'll be over my 15 day exchange period when I get back. I hope that the people at Best Buy will be able to help me. I really like this tablet but I need something realiable because I'm going overseas in the next few months. It'll be my main go to gadget to talk to my family. I've tried it in safe mode and cleared my cache. When it reboots it has red lines on the top and bottom of the screen before it reboots. If anyone has any ideas let me know!

You must have an app that's conflicting with the system. Maybe try and switch from Dalvik to ART.
    I changed a few weeks ago and have had no issues with my N7 2013. Then again I didn't have any before I switched to ART either.
    Just saying it might be something you might want to try.

B

You should be able to return it to Best Buy without your receipt. Just give them your email address and they can locate your purchase and pull copies of your receipt.

Quote Originally Posted by saichick04 View Post
    I'm currently out of town aka away from my box and receipt and my Nexus is still rebooting. I'll be over my 15 day exchange period when I get back. I hope that the people at Best Buy will be able to help me. I really like this tablet but I need something realiable because I'm going overseas in the next few months. It'll be my main go to gadget to talk to my family. I've tried it in safe mode and cleared my cache. When it reboots it has red lines on the top and bottom of the screen before it reboots. If anyone has any ideas let me know!

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Re: Nexus 7: 100% back

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!