Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Nexus 7 Launcher

This is my preferred setup

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 7 Launcher-uploadfromtaptalk1389796232342.jpg  

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

The best launchers for tablets IMO are ones that can switch from portrait to landscape without messing up how you have your widgets and icons laid out. Since the Nexus 7 doesn't actually have a "tablet" UI, most launchers don't have the ability to automatically re-arrange your homescreen when you go from landscape to portrait and will cause some of your icons and widgets to disappear off screen.

Quote Originally Posted by xchange View Post
    The best launchers for tablets IMO are ones that can switch from portrait to landscape without messing up how you have your widgets and icons laid out. Since the Nexus 7 doesn't actually have a "tablet" UI, most launchers don't have the ability to automatically re-arrange your homescreen when you go from landscape to portrait and will cause some of your icons and widgets to disappear off screen.
    While the nexus 7 2013 doesn't have a tablet ui it does have a phablet ui and ive had no issues with action launcher pro switching from portrait to landscape unless you mess with the grid sizes

[IMG
    ]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/16/adu2ede2.jpg[/IMG]

Here's some screen shots I just took

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

I use the GEL, and it switches portrait/landscape with no issues. The only problem I experience is after a reboot, the farthest right icon disappears in the lower launch bar. Not a big issue, I don't reboot often, and I just drag back the icon. Having Google Now just a swipe away and the OK Google active is worth it to me.

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda7772 View Post
    While the nexus 7 2013 doesn't have a tablet ui it does have a phablet ui and ive had no issues with action launcher pro switching from portrait to landscape unless you mess with the grid sizes

[IMG
    ]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/16/adu2ede2.jpg[/url]

Here's some screen shots I just took

See that blank space where you haven't placed anything between the first row of icons and your clock/weather widget? Fill that space up now and then watch what happens to some of the stuff on your screen after you rotate to landscape

you mean to say there are actually people who like to use the nexus 7 2013 primarily in landscape mode and not only in landscape on a per app basis? This I find this crazy.....to each their own though

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

The nexus 7 screen ratio is more suited for landscape mode, as has been noted by reviewers frequently. Crazy, I know.
    The complacency about security among android users is disturbing.

I never use landscape mode.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Y
    The nexus 7 screen ratio is more suited for landscape mode, as has been noted by reviewers frequently. Crazy, I know.
    Having a tablet and watching movies or sports in portrait mode would be a miserable experience. Netflix (and other similar apps) will not work in Portrait mode.

Different strokes for different folks.

I never once watched a movie on a tablet. I basically use mine for internet browsing and emails only

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

Notwithstanding, that's it's focus. Hence the large bezels on the short edges
    The complacency about security among android users is disturbing.

Notwithstanding, that's it's focus. Hence the large bezels on the short edges
    understood, and I wish those bezels were 1/2" smaller. Jmo

Nova Prime on all my devices.

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App

This is a nexus 7 2013 thread and the gel is good on the nexus 5 but not for the nexus 7 2013 in my opinion.

OK google works very well but I don't need it. I don't like how the icons are bigger and you can no alter the grid size.

It makes me feel like a lot of screen real estate is going to waste.

And personally I'm not one to clutter my screen and I think action launcher pro is the best at it. Also action launcher feels the most appropriate for a tablet not to mention 1-swipe is an amazing feature

My bad, I diddn't clarify that I was using the GEL launcher on Nexus 7 (2013) when I said that. I was just comparing Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 (2013) are almost identical using GEL. Except for the dialer. I found one of the bugs you mentioned which is far right icon on dock dissapearing after reset. I just assumed I deleted it by accident. That's the only bug I've found so far though. After seeing your screen caps of action launcher I think I'll give that a try. But giving up "Okay google", will be difficult. Makes me feel like I have somewhat of a Moto X experience.
    Thanked by:
    Gwaron 

Quote Originally Posted by mvsmith View Post
    My bad, I diddn't clarify that I was using the GEL launcher on Nexus 7 (2013) when I said that. I was just comparing Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 (2013) are almost identical using GEL. Except for the dialer. I found one of the bugs you mentioned which is far right icon on dock dissapearing after reset. I just assumed I deleted it by accident. That's the only bug I've found so far though. After seeing your screen caps of action launcher I think I'll give that a try. But giving up "Okay google", will be difficult. Makes me feel like I have somewhat of a Moto X experience.
    Try out the free version of action launcher I did and I was sold. This is my favourite launcher for a tablet.... It feels like a proper tablet launcher.

You can even open a apps widget right from the app icon with a vertical Swipe and simple tap out when you no longer want to see it

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mvsmith View Post
    It's a personal preference, I agree. My N7 has LTE, and I use it in my truck while on business, and I find GEL and OK Google invaluable. I'm not too much into the bling, but the functionality.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Just starting using the GEL launcher . I agree this an awesome launcher for the nexus

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12