Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 Launcher

Curious what everyone likes to use as a launcher for their nexus, I have used both Aviate and Action Pro Launcher. Would love to hear what else is being used by other users.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Nexus 7 Launcher

I use Nova. I've tried Apex and Go, but keep coming back to Nova.

Thanked by:

use nova on all my android devices love it
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I like both of them but I don't feel they are really optimized for tablets. The home screen to me just screens big phone, kind of like iOS does for me. Guess that's why I like aviate so much, just wished they had landscape mode and a few more options to play with. Maybe when they eventually come out of beta

Nova can toggle landscape mode for your homescreens and maybe change the grid size to make it feel more useful for the bigger screens?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

I'm gonna be boring and say the stock launcher.
    Thanked by:
    Gwaron 

So far I'm still using the stock launcher. But I've got Nova on my phone and with the addition of swipable widget functions I'll probably go with Nova on my Nexus 7 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    I'm gonna be boring and say the stock launcher.
    Me too. But part of the reason I bought the Nexus was for the stock Android experience.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Nova. The options are limitless. Love the glass wigits.

Nova here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Nova here too

I used GO but found it annoying... may try Nova next.
    Banned

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by achiquitachaser View Post
    I like both of them but I don't feel they are really optimized for tablets. The home screen to me just screens big phone, kind of like iOS does for me. Guess that's why I like aviate so much, just wished they had landscape mode and a few more options to play with. Maybe when they eventually come out of beta

Agreed, they're not.optimized for tablets. Also try Smart Launcher, works great on tablets.

Global Posts
    539 Global Posts

I've switched to the Google Experience Launcher, and am enjoying it a lot. It's nice to have my Google Now screen one swipe away, and being able to launch a search by saying "Ok, Google" from any screen is great!

Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100

Global Posts
    8,724 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by jhilker View Post
    I've switched to the Google Experience Launcher, and am enjoying it a lot. It's nice to have my Google Now screen one swipe away, and being able to launch a search by saying "Ok, Google" from any screen is great!

The Ok Google hot word is a great feature. I've used Google Now more than I did before without the hot word.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

I was using stock but I downloaded GEL and I'm sticking to it. Infinite home screens. If nova can do that though. Well that and able to "okay Google" is awesome.

Posted via Android Central App

I use Nova, I guess it's the most popular, I like it though. I might give Smart Launcher a try, it looks interesting.

Apex here..

the big print giveth, the small print taketh

Nova. It's perfect for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

I'm using action launcher. And I absolutely love it.

Beautiful interface for tablets speedy updates, and I will soon be buying pro

Also I've used the google experience launcher and while it has some cool features it feels lacking on the nexus 7 2013
    Compared to the nexus 5

Last edited by Barracuda7772; 01-12-2014 at 05:45 PM.

Nova Prime all the way! I use it on my tablet and my smart phone.

Mike
    Thanked by:

Nova launcher with glass theme

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda7772 View Post
    Also I've used the google experience launcher and while it has some cool features it feels lacking on the nexus 7 2013
    Compared to the nexus 5

Why do you feel it's lacking. The Nexus 5 has the infinite homescreens, the OK google, holding to access widgets, wallpapers, homescreens, and the same feature of dragging an app to add a new homescreen. And OK Google, opening apps, and using Google Now and google voice is flawless. I see and experience no lag. I've heard some people say the apps are a bit bigger and I've noticed it too. The only thing I notice when I first launched it was a little bit of the screen was black for a moment. Never any problems since. Or are you referring to the dialer option not being there?

I used to swear by nova and loved it on my phones and some tablets. But I think Google Experience Launcher is better.
    Thanked by:
    Gwaron 

Quote Originally Posted by mvsmith View Post
    Why do you feel it's lacking. The Nexus 5 has the infinite homescreens, the OK google, holding to access widgets, wallpapers, homescreens, and the same feature of dragging an app to add a new homescreen. And OK Google, opening apps, and using Google Now and google voice is flawless. I see and experience no lag. I've heard some people say the apps are a bit bigger and I've noticed it too. The only thing I notice when I first launched it was a little bit of the screen was black for a moment. Never any problems since. Or are you referring to the dialer option not being there?

I used to swear by nova and loved it on my phones and some tablets. But I think Google Experience Launcher is better.
    This is a nexus 7 2013 thread and the gel is good on the nexus 5 but not for the nexus 7 2013 in my opinion.

OK google works very well but I don't need it. I don't like how the icons are bigger and you can no alter the grid size.

It makes me feel like a lot of screen real estate is going to waste.

And personally I'm not one to clutter my screen and I think action launcher pro is the best at it. Also action launcher feels the most appropriate for a tablet not to mention 1-swipe is an amazing feature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast