1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 buzz while charging

I've seen topics before about the wall charger making a general buzzing noise when charging, but my situation seems a little different to those.

If I just let my nexus sleep when charging, no noise is made, but when I use it, it gets weird. Whenever I lock or unlock the device, the charger makes a short "bzzz" noise. Whenever I touch the screen, a buzz is heard for however long I leave my finger on the screen.

This doesn't happen all the time though, probably about 50% of the time, and at some times it is louder than others. Anyone had this or know if it's potentially dangerous? Any fixes?

Thanks in advance. Seems pretty strange to me.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Nexus 7 buzz while charging

Bumps

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DesireDroid View Post
    I've seen topics before about the wall charger making a general buzzing noise when charging, but my situation seems a little different to those.

If I just let my nexus sleep when charging, no noise is made, but when I use it, it gets weird. Whenever I lock or unlock the device, the charger makes a short "bzzz" noise. Whenever I touch the screen, a buzz is heard for however long I leave my finger on the screen.

This doesn't happen all the time though, probably about 50% of the time, and at some times it is louder than others. Anyone had this or know if it's potentially dangerous? Any fixes?

Thanks in advance. Seems pretty strange to me.
    Sounds almost like some kind of electrical interference or something like that. I'm not an expert on electronics or electricity (far from it) but I would have to say that it is not normal. I know mine does not do it. As far as being dangerous, I doubt that it is dangerous, just probably annoying as hell when using device when plugged in. Try a different charger, if that doesn't fix it maybe it is the nexus making the charger hum. In that case, if it bothers you maybe exchange the device or call asus.?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

I'm pretty sure it's a rogue charger with some angry electrons banging on the plastic housing trying to escape. As long as they stay trapped, you're probably OK. But that is a judgment only you can make.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the info. I ordered mine from Amazon and the charger came in a separate plastic bag- it says "Samsung" so it's probably not official...

While I'm here, can I ask if the nexus is supposed to come with a chromecast USB to micro HDMI? I'd quite like to display my nexus on the TV to watch films.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DesireDroid View Post
    Thanks for the info. I ordered mine from Amazon and the charger came in a separate plastic bag- it says "Samsung" so it's probably not official...

While I'm here, can I ask if the nexus is supposed to come with a chromecast USB to micro HDMI? I'd quite like to display my nexus on the TV to watch films.

Are you trying to plug your Chromecast into your Nexus?