1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help needed transferring mp4 files to tablet

Hi, I just got a nexus 7 and am trying to transfer an mp4 file to it. I have mx player installed. When I try to drag the file to the tablet through explorer, I get a message stating the file type is not supported by my device. It seems pretty straight forward to transfer a movie to the tablet, but obviously, I'm missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Help needed transferring mp4 files to tablet

I saw the same warning when I first tried to transfer an mp4 from my desktop to my nexus 7. Ignore it, drag the files to the tablet...they will play. At least that has been my experience for the last 5 months.

This actually happened when I tried to transfer MP3 and MP4 files to my Nexus 7 2013. Some of them were old iTunes files so I could understand the warning about..whatever the hell format iTunes uses. But I thought it was weird for MP3's. I have no idea why it warns you. But it works fine for both. This is one of the first times i've really done file transferring through a cable too. Takes a little used to not having the SD card.

If you use an OTG device like to copy the files over, you won't get that error message. In fact, you could even stream them directly from the memory card via the microUSB port.

Awesome little thing, and only $12. I have two of them. They work with any size memory card, including 64GB. (requires the Nexus Media Importer app)
    Last edited by vmurph; 01-21-2014 at 05:03 PM.