Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Default Nexus 7: screen problem. need help please

Hey guys first time posting a thread and need help. I sent my nexus 7 in for repair because it had a dead pixel. I just received my tablet back and notice on a white screen or any background with one color toward the centre-bottom of the screen, there is a spot where it is a circle and brighter than any other spot of the screen. It doesn't look like a pixel problem but lighting. Could this be a bleeding issue? I'm not sure what to do any suggestions? I don't want to send it back cause I've been waiting three weeks just for dead pixel repair.

Default Re: screen problem. need help please

Is there any way you could take a picture and post it? (I don't think a screen shot would show it properly).

Also, is this circle in the same area as the dead pixel? Not sure if it matters, but it may help someone else who knows more about the guts of these things! I'm just trying to get you the help you need!!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

heres a picNexus 7: screen problem. need help please-img_1098.jpgNexus 7: screen problem. need help please-img_1098.jpgNexus 7: screen problem. need help please-img_1099.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

no the dead pixel was centre right this is centre bottom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 7: screen problem. need help please-img_1098.jpg   Nexus 7: screen problem. need help please-img_1099.jpg  

Did they repair your tablet or send a replacement?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

they repaired the tablet

Default Re: Nexus 7: screen problem. need help please

It looks as if that section of screen is damaged in some way and allowing light to show through stronger. I would call them up and complain.

I would let them know, that seems very noticeable, how high is your screen brightness set?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

yeah so I've been playing with it for about an hour and the screen is unresponsive with the lighting problem as well and its really getting me mad. this is my first android tablet and i like the tablet but the fact that it has so many defects **** me off. i have all apple products and this is my second android device and first nexus device and not a good start for me. pretty pissed right now i probably have to wait another three weeks for them to repair. ridiculous
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rusty502 View Post
    I would let them know, that seems very noticeable, how high is your screen brightness set?
    i was using the backlight bleed test app at ten percent brightness in a dark area part of my living room

Do you notice it doing normal activities? I've noticed some of the screen test apps show up things that normally wouldn't be noticed.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

yes anything you do like surfing the web and scrolling through playstore you can really notice it. anything on a web browser that has a background color or nothing there it will show up.Nexus 7: screen problem. need help please-img_1100.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1100.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	345.1 KB 
ID:	100806

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnnyyyy View Post
    yes anything you do like surfing the web and scrolling through playstore you can really notice it. anything on a web browser that has a background color or nothing there it will show up.Click image for larger version. 

ID:	100806Click image for larger version. 

ID:	100806
    I would not be happy with that at all, you should contact them right away, I no it stinks to be without your tablet, but I don't think you will be able to live with it like that.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rusty502 View Post
    I would not be happy with that at all, you should contact them right away, I no it stinks to be without your tablet, but I don't think you will be able to live with it like that.
    yeah I called yesterday. They issued another RMA and the customer rep said they will try to expedite the repair this time since it is being repaired again. already shipped hope this time they fix all issues. barely bought the tablet five weeks ago and its been at asus being repaired for three weeks of the five I've owned the tablet.

My nexus has three dead pixels in a line, but I'm not sending it back because in my view, I've been lucky to escape one of many other faults on this device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

i don't think its fair for the customer to have to accept a defect on an item no matter how good the product is. I'm kind of sick of it and wasn't going to send it back but I've already been without it for three weeks so another couple weeks can't hurt. also when it comes to dead pixel and things like that i get real ocd about it and drives me crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by DesireDroid View Post
    My nexus has three dead pixels in a line, but I'm not sending it back because in my view, I've been lucky to escape one of many other faults on this device.

i don't think its fair for the customer to have to accept a defect on an item no matter how good the product is. I'm kind of sick of it and wasn't going to send it back but I've already been without it for three weeks so another couple weeks can't hurt. also when it comes to dead pixel and things like that i get real ocd about it and drives me crazy
    It's the same with me, but every product I've had in the last two years has had a fault of some kind without exception, usually pixel faults. I'm sick of it too, but I've decided to try and deal with / get over my OCD rather than constantly sending things back multiple times. It sucks, because a small thing like a pixel takes over all of your thoughts. Do you find that?

I'm trying to accept that technology just isn't made to excellent standards anymore due to mass production, and that I should enjoy my gadget rather than torture my head with a small thing like a pixel.

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DesireDroid View Post
    It's the same with me, but every product I've had in the last two years has had a fault of some kind without exception, usually pixel faults. I'm sick of it too, but I've decided to try and deal with / get over my OCD rather than constantly sending things back multiple times. It sucks, because a small thing like a pixel takes over all of your thoughts. Do you find that?

I'm trying to accept that technology just isn't made to excellent standards anymore due to mass production, and that I should enjoy my gadget rather than torture my head with a small thing like a pixel.

man i would go nuts if it happened to me for two years of products i purchased. i can completely relate what you mean by a dead pixel taking over your thoughts. main reason why i sent it back the second time. This is my second android device and first android tablet purchase. Everything else i own apple. I must been lucky cause i had the original galaxy note with no problems and all the apple products I've owned were pretty flawless and i own a lot. So i was very disappointed when i had a problem with the nexus. I didn't even know all the problems people complained about until i started researching after i had a problem with a dead pixel. I like android products i just feel some companies can have better product management before its released. I've seen pictures of people buying products where they have scratched bezels and such.

man i would go nuts if it happened to me for two years of products i purchased. i can completely relate what you mean by a dead pixel taking over your thoughts. main reason why i sent it back the second time. This is my second android device and first android tablet purchase. Everything else i own apple. I must been lucky cause i had the original galaxy note with no problems and all the apple products I've owned were pretty flawless and i own a lot. So i was very disappointed when i had a problem with the nexus. I didn't even know all the problems people complained about until i started researching after i had a problem with a dead pixel. I like android products i just feel some companies can have better product management before its released. I've seen pictures of people buying products where they have scratched bezels and such.
    If ever there was a tablet that was going to give you a problem with defects the nexus would be it.