1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    pbc

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Default Swiftkey on Nexus 7 vs 5?

So I purchased Swiftkey for my Nexus 5 and for the most part, love it. It is incredibly intuitive, gets most of the words I'm typing right and corrects the spelling impressively.

I installed it on my Nexus 7 however, and am not as pleased. I have the same settings on the 7 as I do on the 5. But after a few weeks I'm finding that Swiftkey on my 7 just doesn't correct as well as it does on my 5. E.g., I can pretty much type a sentence on my 5 and not worry about spelling errors because Swiftkey corrects 90% of them. On my 7 on the other hand, I'm finding it a painful touch type experience as I have to constantly go back and reenter or respell words.

Does anyone else have Swiftkey on both and notice the difference? I'm 99% sure I have all the settings the same between the two devices.

Oh, and one thing I sorely miss on the 7 is the vibrate on key press feature. Gives such a nice feel to the N5 when typing. Though I guess I understand why that feature would be more difficult to pull off on a tablet!

Default Re: Swiftkey on Nexus 7 vs 5?

I've got SwiftKey on my N7 and my phone (Razr Maxx HD) and it seems to be the same experience on both.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PowrDroid View Post
    I've got SwiftKey on my N7 and my phone (Razr Maxx HD) and it seems to be the same experience on both.
    I guess you must not use the arrow keys very much. I bought SwiftKey for my Nexus 7 some months ago in part because it had all four arrow keys on the main keyboard. Then SwiftKey, um, fouled things up by moving the arrow keys to the number screen on tablets but apparently keeping them on the main screen for phones. I never understood that, and I HATE the fact that every time I want to use an arrow key on my Nexus 7, I have to switch to the number screen.

Quote Originally Posted by cybernutte View Post
    I guess you must not use the arrow keys very much. I bought SwiftKey for my Nexus 7 some months ago in part because it had all four arrow keys on the main keyboard. Then SwiftKey, um, fouled things up by moving the arrow keys to the number screen on tablets but apparently keeping them on the main screen for phones. I never understood that, and I HATE the fact that every time I want to use an arrow key on my Nexus 7, I have to switch to the number screen.
    You have a point. The Swiftkey keyboard on the N7 has only left/right arrow keys on the alphabet keyboard; on the Maxx HD it has left/right and up/down. I think I had to go into settings on the N7 to make the left/right arrow keys appear on the alpha keyboard. You might want to look into it.

Haven't noticed a difference between the tablet and phone, other than I type normally on the tablet and I use Flow on the phone.

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Are you using SwiftKey's cloud feature? If so, SwiftKey will learn from both devices, thus providing a seamless experience.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by paridge View Post
    Are you using SwiftKey's cloud feature? If so, SwiftKey will learn from both devices, thus providing a seamless experience.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    I was just about to say this as well. Make sure you use the same Google account to login to both.

Posted via Android Central App
    Moto X (Olive Green, Black front, Orange accents (Dec. 2013)
    Previously: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Dec. 2011) - Droid X (July 2010) - Blackberry Tour 9630 (July 2009) - Dumbphones (pre-July 2009)