Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 Android 4.4.2 randomly rebooting even after factory reset

It's rebooted twice now, once when I in the settings on the second day of owning it and it just rebooted on me this morning while browsing in Chrome. I did a factory reset the second day of owning it but I guess that didn't fix anything.

So I guess it's just MY bloody tablet then, as usual. I always seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to properly functioning technology.

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 7 Android 4.4.2 randomly rebooting even after factory reset

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Lamb1 View Post
    It's rebooted twice now, once when I in the settings on the second day of owning it and it just rebooted on me this morning while browsing in Chrome. I did a factory reset the second day of owning it but I guess that didn't fix anything.

So I guess it's just MY bloody tablet then, as usual. I always seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to properly functioning technology.
    Do hard reset, install/reinstall OS, but don't do restore. Instead, set up each app one by one...
    Current Devices : Motorola G 16GB
    Past devices :Sony Xperia SP C5303 LTE,S3 GT-I9305,S4 mini GT-I9195, N7100,HTC One (M7),Galaxy S3, HTC One S, HTC One X (S720e), Nexus Prime - HTC Pyramid - Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S II - HTC Desire S - HTC Desire HD - HTC Desire Z - HTC HD2 - HTC Topaz - HTC Touch HD - HTC Touch Pro - HTC Diamond.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

For anyone who DOES have a proper working Nexus 7 that does not reboot itself whenever the **** it feels like, consider yourself lucky.

LOL!!! My does the same thing. Just randomly reboots. I am glad to see I am not the only one.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I'm assuming you're running android 4.4.2 and how often does it happen, would you say? Did you ever get yours replaced or sent in for repair?

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

happens once a week for me. Im not sure if its a faulty nexus 7. But rather an issue with the OS? did Google send out a solution to fix this? Do they even acknowledge that Kit Kat + nexus 7 has issues? Or are they tight lip and turned a blind eye to the whole thing.

My n7 2013 16gb that I bought a couple of months ago hasn't randomly rebooted even once in probably over 100 hours of use.

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

thats funny. but its been happening to a lot of us.... Sorta like hit or miss.... is there even a fix to all this? just curious
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

The reboot thing was an issue even with the first generation Nexus 7, I'm surprised that Google and Asus can't fix their own tablets. It's as bad a RROD on the Xbox or BSOD.

Quote Originally Posted by cpcxgsr View Post
    thats funny. but its been happening to a lot of us.... Sorta like hit or miss.... is there even a fix to all this? just curious
    I don't know. I just wanted to post that mine has never rebooted unexpectedly to let everybody know that there are devices that don't have this problem. Mine just has other problems (like light bleed for example)

i have sent it for 3 repairs, i understand you completely. here is what you should do.

1. add "reboot logger" app on your tablet. it might reboot itself when you were not looking.

mine was randomly rebooting daily. once, twice a day. before that, it randomly shuts down. so i contacted asus, they replaced the motherboard on the tablet.

now i don't have the reboot problem any more.

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

Preppystud,

That's love and dedication for the n7! If Google/Asus does come out with a fix soon (which I do not think they would. Considering the other ppl were saying it has happened to the 1st gen too) I would just junk it and purchase an IPad Air!

I really want the n7 to out perform Apple's... But damn, Google/Asus... You're making your products look bad!

Posted via Android Central App