Nexus 7: Any good?

Del Wright

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi I'm thinking if getting a nexus 7 2013....I'm new to tablets and need to know how good it is, I recently got myself a kobo arc, its ok but can't get all the apps I'd really like, I.e real racing 3, fb pages manager, and football live streaming etc.
My biggest dilemma is a nexus 7 2013 or a Acer icona 10.1 inch 32gb.....being a Google tablet would all apps be available? Would all the latest software updates be first on Google nexus?
Thanks in advance for your help

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Any good?

Hi I'm thinking if getting a nexus 7 2013....I'm new to tablets and need to know how good it is, I recently got myself a kobo arc, its ok but can't get all the apps I'd really like, I.e real racing 3, fb pages manager, and football live streaming etc.
My biggest dilemma is a nexus 7 2013 or a Acer icona 10.1 inch 32gb.....being a Google tablet would all apps be available? Would all the latest software updates be first on Google nexus?
Thanks in advance for your help

Posted via Android Central App

While I don't have a Nexus tablet myself, I have seen many people praise it throughout the forums.
As for your choices, I would pick the 7" tablet. My personal opinion is 10" ones get to be too big to hold for prolonged periods of time.
Not all apps are configured to be tablet apps, but you should have many more options than the Kobo.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

No contest--get the Nexus 7. It will be generally be more compatible with apps than the Acer 10" tab, and from a performance standpoint, the 2013 N7 blows most every other tablet out of the water. I agree with Golfdriver97, the 10" size isn't very portable, while the 7" size is very versatile.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

I received mine on Christmas day, and now I only use my laptop to pay bills. As for a 10 inch tab they are a pain after a while.

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

Barracuda7772

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a 32gig nexus 7 2013 and this thing is amazing....... My last tablet was A blackberry playbook..... Also good for its time

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Like Joe_Fresh I got my Nexus 7 for Christmas. This is my first tablet. I really can't find anything negative to say about it, and I'm a picky consumer. What is the model number of the Acer Iconia you are considering? The A3?

You can compare specs here:
Acer Iconia Tab A3 vs. Asus Google Nexus 7 (2013) - GSMArena.com
If that isn't the model you were considering you can change it at the box at the bottom of the page.

You should also look here:
Tablet Finder and Compare

r311music

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
The Nexus 7 is a solid choice. The size is perfect and it's one of the best values you can get from a named brand tablet. I have a Note 10.1 2014 and the Nexus 7 and I spend 75% of my tablet time on the Nexus.

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I love my nexus 7 its easily rootable , fits in my back pocket and perfect for playing games/watching movies I couldn't recommend it enough... :)

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 7 is absolutely phenomenal!.....if you are willing to accept the fact that there is a better than average chance that you will have to go through the headache of exchanging a few first to get a good one.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
In my view, the Nexus 7 is indeed the best tablet at 7 inches you can buy, and at a price you can't ignore.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

rgeese

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I come from a history of tablets. I had a Xoom, and my wife has had a couple of iPads. A year ago, I upgraded my Xoom to a Nexus 10 tablet, and love it. But, I always had that nag to own a Nexus 7 also, although I knew that I probably wouldn't use it much. Eventually, desire won over practicality, plus a great sale price won out, and I purchased a Nexus 7. Now I use it 70% of the time, over the Nexus 10, mainly for the convenience of grabbing it for something quick, or sticking it in my pocket and running. I love my Nexus 10, but am madly in love with my Nexus 7. It is absolutely fantastic! Don't pay attention to the negatives on here. They are probably Apple fanboys. My Nexus tablets, especially the N7, runs circles around my wife's iPad. (Don't tell her I said that.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy