Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7: Any good?

Hi I'm thinking if getting a nexus 7 2013....I'm new to tablets and need to know how good it is, I recently got myself a kobo arc, its ok but can't get all the apps I'd really like, I.e real racing 3, fb pages manager, and football live streaming etc.
    My biggest dilemma is a nexus 7 2013 or a Acer icona 10.1 inch 32gb.....being a Google tablet would all apps be available? Would all the latest software updates be first on Google nexus?
    Thanks in advance for your help

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-20-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Del Wright View Post
    Hi I'm thinking if getting a nexus 7 2013....I'm new to tablets and need to know how good it is, I recently got myself a kobo arc, its ok but can't get all the apps I'd really like, I.e real racing 3, fb pages manager, and football live streaming etc.
    My biggest dilemma is a nexus 7 2013 or a Acer icona 10.1 inch 32gb.....being a Google tablet would all apps be available? Would all the latest software updates be first on Google nexus?
    Thanks in advance for your help

While I don't have a Nexus tablet myself, I have seen many people praise it throughout the forums.
    As for your choices, I would pick the 7" tablet. My personal opinion is 10" ones get to be too big to hold for prolonged periods of time.
    Not all apps are configured to be tablet apps, but you should have many more options than the Kobo.
    Last edited by Golfdriver97; 01-20-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    B. Diddy and Del Wright like this.

No contest--get the Nexus 7. It will be generally be more compatible with apps than the Acer 10" tab, and from a performance standpoint, the 2013 N7 blows most every other tablet out of the water. I agree with Golfdriver97, the 10" size isn't very portable, while the 7" size is very versatile.
    Thanked by:
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanx guys, I appreciate ur opinions etc.....looks like the nexus for me then!

B. Diddy and Golfdriver97 like this.

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

I received mine on Christmas day, and now I only use my laptop to pay bills. As for a 10 inch tab they are a pain after a while.

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One
    Del Wright likes this.

Default Re: Nexus 7: Any good?

I have a 32gig nexus 7 2013 and this thing is amazing....... My last tablet was A blackberry playbook..... Also good for its time

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Del Wright likes this.

Nexus 7 is awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Like Joe_Fresh I got my Nexus 7 for Christmas. This is my first tablet. I really can't find anything negative to say about it, and I'm a picky consumer. What is the model number of the Acer Iconia you are considering? The A3?

You can compare specs here:

If that isn't the model you were considering you can change it at the box at the bottom of the page.

You should also look here:
    Thanked by:

The Nexus 7 is a solid choice. The size is perfect and it's one of the best values you can get from a named brand tablet. I have a Note 10.1 2014 and the Nexus 7 and I spend 75% of my tablet time on the Nexus.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks guys u been very helpful ;-)

I've had both models of the Nexus 7. They make for a fantastic 'remote' for media of all types (photos, videos, music, etc.). Check it out:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...st-remote.html

Yes! With all of my heart, yes.. It's fantastiac, beautiful an amazing.

Fast, smooth it's so pretty Ahhhhhh *fan rave*

I love my nexus 7 its easily rootable , fits in my back pocket and perfect for playing games/watching movies I couldn't recommend it enough...

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..
    Thanked by:
    Alexandra Barrable likes this.

Nexus 7 is absolutely phenomenal!.....if you are willing to accept the fact that there is a better than average chance that you will have to go through the headache of exchanging a few first to get a good one.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    Nexus 7 is absolutely phenomenal!.....if you are willing to accept the fact that there is a better than average chance that you will have to go through the headache of exchanging a few first to get a good one.
    What do u mean?

Global Posts
    3,092 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock on all

In my view, the Nexus 7 is indeed the best tablet at 7 inches you can buy, and at a price you can't ignore.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Del Wright View Post
    What do u mean?

Go to nexus 7 forum Over at xda and take a look at the thread in general forum titled (discussion) dead pixels, dust under screen.

they have some quality issues but its ok for the price. i still prefer my ipad air

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    they have some quality issues but its ok for the price. i still prefer my ipad air
    No doubt it's a great tablet, especially for the price! Just saying you might have to "try" a few times before you get a good one.

I come from a history of tablets. I had a Xoom, and my wife has had a couple of iPads. A year ago, I upgraded my Xoom to a Nexus 10 tablet, and love it. But, I always had that nag to own a Nexus 7 also, although I knew that I probably wouldn't use it much. Eventually, desire won over practicality, plus a great sale price won out, and I purchased a Nexus 7. Now I use it 70% of the time, over the Nexus 10, mainly for the convenience of grabbing it for something quick, or sticking it in my pocket and running. I love my Nexus 10, but am madly in love with my Nexus 7. It is absolutely fantastic! Don't pay attention to the negatives on here. They are probably Apple fanboys. My Nexus tablets, especially the N7, runs circles around my wife's iPad. (Don't tell her I said that.)

Quote Originally Posted by rgeese View Post
    I come from a history of tablets. I had a Xoom, and my wife has had a couple of iPads. A year ago, I upgraded my Xoom to a Nexus 10 tablet, and love it. But, I always had that nag to own a Nexus 7 also, although I knew that I probably wouldn't use it much. Eventually, desire won over practicality, plus a great sale price won out, and I purchased a Nexus 7. Now I use it 70% of the time, over the Nexus 10, mainly for the convenience of grabbing it for something quick, or sticking it in my pocket and running. I love my Nexus 10, but am madly in love with my Nexus 7. It is absolutely fantastic! Don't pay attention to the negatives on here. They are probably Apple fanboys. My Nexus tablets, especially the N7, runs circles around my wife's iPad. (Don't tell her I said that.)
    Apple fan boys. Lol

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

I remain of the opinion that the N7 is still the best buy you can get right now. The Note tablets and Xperia Tablet Z are ok but cost too much for what you get, and I prefer the N7 to the Gpad (both regular and GE versions) even when the Gpad is on sale. I doubt very much anyone is going to surprise me with a $250 tablet I'm going to like better between now and the 2014 N7. If they do, I'll still hold off until the next Nexus tablet hits the shelves regardless before I decide.
    Del Wright likes this.

32g/GSM N7 here. Its been stellar since i got it for christmas in 2012. Its perfect for playing Real Racing 3.
    The "infraction"

If i can sneak into the tailend of this thread, what should i do keep a 2012 nexus 7 8gb that i have for $128 or return it and get a 2013 nexus 7 16 gb for $90 more? thanks.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by itic View Post
    32g/GSM N7 here. Its been stellar since i got it for christmas in 2012. Its perfect for playing Real Racing 3.
    U got the latest version mate? What's NFS mW like on it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast