1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question are battery saving apps good for nexus 7?

most of them designed for phones?

i have this called "battery doctor", it has "speed charging". is it good to speed charge or bad?

thanks.
    Last edited by preppystud; 01-20-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Default Re: are battery saving apps good for nexus 7?

I think those apps use more battery than they save. Just leaving the is alone to do what it has to do is the best way to get maximum battery life.

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

I think one of the apps that I have used that did indeed help save battery was greenify. For this app you will need root, but let me explain how it works. There are some apps that run in the background on most devices, some people will tell you they eat up memory but thats not even a big deal as we all know in android using more memory is actually a good thing. However, these apps wake up and use a little battery to update and other things. When you use greenify it keeps those apps from running in the background for example when your screen is off and you're not even using the device. The result is getting less battery usage because there are less wakeups. Hope that helps a little.
    Galaxy S3 Quantum Rom based off CM11
    Galaxy S4 MDOB T.W ROM KToonez Kernel
    Nexus 7 2013 Carbon ROM Faux123 OC Kernel
    For app reviews and Rom reviews follow me on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/OnEmOsPhErE86

Quote Originally Posted by sk8trix View Post
    I think one of the apps that I have used that did indeed help save battery was greenify. For this app you will need root, but let me explain how it works. There are some apps that run in the background on most devices, some people will tell you they eat up memory but thats not even a big deal as we all know in android using more memory is actually a good thing. However, these apps wake up and use a little battery to update and other things. When you use greenify it keeps those apps from running in the background for example when your screen is off and you're not even using the device. The result is getting less battery usage because there are less wakeups. Hope that helps a little.
    is there an app like that which does not require rooting?

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

Well to be honest I am not sure there might be but i cant be sure. What you should do is disable then in setting>apps>all and diable things you dont nee. Dont disable everything either though. For example you can disable things like: (if you don't use them ofcourse)
    exchange services
    magic smoke wallpapers
    music visualization wallpapers
    html viewer
    sim toolkit
    nfc service
    clock widget
    google play music
    google play movies
    google play games
    google play books
    google +
    key chain
    news and weather
    tags
    voice dialer(its on the LTE version not sure about the wifi version)

Basically you can bring these back later if u have to use them, I wish I could help more but since im rooted idk what else can be done without root. have a good one!
    For app reviews and Rom reviews follow me on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/OnEmOsPhErE86

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

Quote Originally Posted by JConn_Lefty View Post
    is there an app like that which does not require rooting?
    Well to be honest I am not sure there might be but i cant be sure. What you should do is disable then in setting>apps>all and diable things you dont nee. Dont disable everything either though. For example you can disable things like: (if you don't use them ofcourse)
    exchange services
    magic smoke wallpapers
    html viewer
    sim toolkit
    nfc service
    clock widget
    google play music
    google play movies
    google play games
    google play books
    google +
    key chain
    news and weather
    tags

Basically you can bring these back later if u have to use them, I wish I could help more but since im rooted idk what else can be done without root. have a good one!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by sk8trix View Post
    exchange services
    magic smoke wallpapers
    html viewer
    sim toolkit
    nfc service
    clock widget
    google play music
    google play movies
    google play games
    google play books
    google +
    key chain
    news and weather
    tags

thank you for the information. i'm still relatively new to android so i'm discovering things as i go and i'm loving my n5 and n7 more and more everyday unlike my lumia 920 which i ended up hating more and more everyday.

this, and the ability to block all ads is making me want to root my n5 now...