Problems with Nexus 7 2013 - Random Reboots

Jr Lagos

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I found out to my new tablet nexus 7 is that it keeps on turning off. And I didn't do anything that is something stupid. Can you help me to solve the problem. And as a matter I have the second problem but I'll tell you later.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! I wish it was for better reasons but I'm sure we can help shed some light on a solution for you.

Which version of Nexus 7 do you have? The 2012 or 2013 version?

Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine constantly reboots as well. I would try the things B. Diddy suggested first if that's a no go exchange it. It is a known issue. I'm on my second one but I'm afraid this one is going back to ol Best Buy. I hope a patch comes out soon because other than the reboots this is one sweet tab!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jr Lagos

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
hi Jr again from the Philippines .

Guys, how can I repair my android because it says that my android is full of memory so how can I solve this one?

Jr Lagos

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
my 3rd question is

Hi this is Jr from the Philippines. My nexus 7 is keep on shutting down. So how can I fix this problem?

Jr Lagos

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your help, but I hope this will work...... And if I can still remember the fourth problem, I am going to share it to this forum. Thank you so much.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I am also having a TON of issues with my gen 2 N7.... But I will list them later.
To answer your question, if your device memory is full, back up all personal files to your computer. Or you can back up your files to Google Drive. From there, do a factory reset. I highly doubt this will resolve your rebooting issues. Since I am also having the same issues. But it's a good place to start and everyone says to try that for your 1st or 2nd step in attempting to resolve your issues.

I had performed numerous factory resets. But unfortunately it did not fix my rebooting issue. I am still battling the rebooting issue about 3x a week. Happens randomly. I couldn't pinpoint why its happening.. But it does..

Recently another strange occurrence popped up. Played with the N7 before i went to bed. Woke up with the "Android Robot" and the black screen (similar to the robot icon as if you had updated the OS) that had the command prompt, "NO COMMAND" coming out of the robot's chest.... After numerous attempts to reboot the device, it finally came back to life... Business as usual... random reboots here and there.... But this morning, the device wouldn't power up.... but eventually it did... after numerous long presses on the power button.

Anyone faced the same problem(s)?? I am about to give up on this device! It had such high expectations! But lately, its been a major fail! Thank goodness I didn't buy the 32g! Otherwise I'd be slitting my wrists! Also, I tried to return my N7 back to Staples (purchased back in Nov '13) but they said they won't exchange it for a new one (outside the 30 day window), unless I had purchased Staples' warranty on electronic equipment. Only way for me to get a new one or possibly repair it is through Asus..

As much as I dislike Apple, I am HIGHLY considering jumping over to the Ipad Mini or Air!!!! Thank goodness I only wasted $200 on this paperweight!

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Some are good and some are bad, its as simple as that. I have not had a single reboot or really any other problem and now have 2 months and hundreds of hours on it. My only complaint is a little light bleed at top of screen in portrait orientation and touch screen doesn't work when put down on a couch or bed or something similar.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Brosko,

To summarize what you had said and if what you say is true.. It tells me ASUS has poor QC with their products. I find it unacceptable that ASUS consumers have to play Russian Roulette with their purchases. Grant it we do hear a lot of ppl saying NONE of the glitches/bugs had occurred to them. But on the other hand, there are tons of ppl that are dealing with the same issue. If thats the case, why isn't Google/ASUS issuing recalls??!?!

Recalls happen all the time in the auto industry. Why isn't it happening with the Nexus 7? I mean, i'd understand if maybe 1 out of 1,000,000 gets a defective Nexus, then maybe a recall isn't necessary. But it sure feels like there are plenty of faulty N7s out there.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Brosko,

To summarize what you had said and if what you say is true.. It tells me ASUS has poor QC with their products. I find it unacceptable that ASUS consumers have to play Russian Roulette with their purchases. Grant it we do hear a lot of ppl saying NONE of the glitches/bugs had occurred to them. But on the other hand, there are tons of ppl that are dealing with the same issue. If thats the case, why isn't Google/ASUS issuing recalls??!?!

Recalls happen all the time in the auto industry. Why isn't it happening with the Nexus 7? I mean, i'd understand if maybe 1 out of 1,000,000 gets a defective Nexus, then maybe a recall isn't necessary. But it sure feels like there are plenty of faulty N7s out there.

I agree with you 100% I couldn't have said it better myself!! Read some of my posts on this forum. I too have come to conclude that the nexus 7 has a higher than average rate of defective units as compared to other tablets. I've been through this before on here.

Now get ready for the responses, this is where it gets fun.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Well.... I honestly do think, the reason why ppl are on the "hush hush".. is because of the relatively low price of the N7. $200 +/- is pretty disposable for the average consumer. But imagine you were to pay $400+ for the Nexus 7 (just like the iPad)!?! I'm damn sure ppl will be raising HELL about it! But since its relatively cheap... Consumers don't really give a damn. Like the saying goes, "you pay for what you get." So we damn well know... All if not most, the Nexus 7 users paid for a ****ty (quality built) device!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's a real bummer that you've had bad experiences with the N7, but with all due respect, you're speculating to a certain extent. I feel that it's very difficult to estimate what the true percentage of defective devices really is just by reading through forum posts, since this is where people go to inquire or vent about problems. It'd be great if someone could actually do some kind of valid far-reaching survey of N7 owners to get a much better idea of the incidence of defects, but as far as I know, there have been no such surveys.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Completely agree with B. Diddy
This is an Android forum site where people come to look for help and/or share their experiences with certain Android devices. You're going to have a fair share of people having a similar issue since they are looking for solutions. Whereas the people who don't have these issues, are a lot less likely to come here and report whether or not they are going through the same things.
It's like with a repair shop, you would expect other people with a flat tire or bad battery, not someone telling you how great their car is running

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463