Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 2 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery stats only show 'Android OS' with very high usage (98%)?

I've got a new nexus 7 showing 46% battery remaining after about 5 hours of use (Netflix streaming and web browsing, 8 hours total off the charger.) That isnt bad, however when I checked the battery stats, nothing showed up except "Android OS" at a whopping 98%. That doesn't seem right to me. After binge watching several episodes of a show i figured Netflix would show up somewhere. Just wanted to hear people's thoughts.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    21,007 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default re: Battery stats only show 'Android OS' with very high usage (98%)?

Quote Originally Posted by geekynerd00 View Post
    I've got a new nexus 7 showing 46% battery remaining after about 5 hours of use (Netflix streaming and web browsing, 8 hours total off the charger.) That isnt bad, however when I checked the battery stats, nothing showed up except "Android OS" at a whopping 98%. That doesn't seem right to me. After binge watching several episodes of a show i figured Netflix would show up somewhere. Just wanted to hear people's thoughts.

Posted via Android Central App
    The only thing I can think of is Netflix doesn't report battery usage to Android properly.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    geekynerd00 likes this.

Reboot, then see if it reports that way again. Could always clear the system cache partition as well. http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...tion-wipe.html

Try a wipe of your battery stats file in a recovery. See this article, and the subject post by Dianne Hackborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne Hackborn
    This file [batterystats.bin] is used to maintain, across reboots, low-level data about the kinds of operations the device and your apps are doing between battery changes. That is, it is solely used to compute the blame for battery usage shown in the "Battery Use" UI in settings. That is, it has deeply significant things like "app X held a wake lock for 2 minutes" and "the screen was on at 60% brightness for 10 minutes."

It has no impact on the current battery level shown to you. It has no impact on your battery life.