Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Going to Buy the Nexus 7, a few questions.

So the questions!

1. I basically want it for games and ebooks. So I know that it IS compatible with all the big games, but how long until it stops doing so? In other words, until when will it be able to play the latest games?

2. Im probably getting the 16gb version, how much storage is gonna be available to me? I wont be watching videos on the thing, so the average game could take up how much space? (I'll only play a few BIG games, GTA SA is about 2.5gb, Minecraft PE is quite small and so on). At a time I can store roughly how many games?

3. What bloatware does it contain? the total space I can use? out of 16gb.

Thanks, this is a big buy for me, so I want to be sure

Default Re: Going to Buy the Nexus 7, a few questions.

Quote Originally Posted by nabeelfarooqui98 View Post
    So the questions!

1. I basically want it for games and ebooks. So I know that it IS compatible with all the big games, but how long until it stops doing so? In other words, until when will it be able to play the latest games?

2. Im probably getting the 16gb version, how much storage is gonna be available to me? I wont be watching videos on the thing, so the average game could take up how much space? (I'll only play a few BIG games, GTA SA is about 2.5gb, Minecraft PE is quite small and so on). At a time I can store roughly how many games?

3. What bloatware does it contain? the total space I can use? out of 16gb.

Thanks, this is a big buy for me, so I want to be sure
    1. you will be able to play as long as your nexus 7 works. At least for 3 years

2. if you want to play big games I recommend you buy 32Gb... you will have about 12.5 gb free space

3. there is no bloatware in N7... it has all google services like Notes(Keeps), calender,gmail,playstore,Movies,Music,Magazine,maps,books,Hangouts
    it depends on what you consider bloat
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Going to agree. If used for gaming I would go with the 32gb. Unless you are very good at playing through a game and then deleting. The extra storage really comes in handy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I consider this bloatware How to Remove Bloatware on Galaxy Note 3
    And to @gtcharlie , No i'm not good at deleting games or anything for that matter I will try to get the 32gig model If I can. And guys, Are their better tablets available in the price range? other GOOD tablets? I mean, I se some China one, for a hell of a lot less. QMobile Tablet X50 Price & Specifications - QMobile Pakistan Though the specs are low on that one, Then there's this one for around $180 DANY | Genius Tab Q4 I wanted to know, what you think about such tablets, and should I even try to consider them?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I consider this bloatware How to Remove Bloatware on Galaxy Note 3
    And to @gtcharlie , No i'm not good at deleting games or anything for that matter I will try to get the 32gig model If I can. And guys, Are their better tablets available in the price range? other GOOD tablets? I mean, I se some China one, for a hell of a lot less. QMobile Tablet X50 Price & Specifications - QMobile Pakistan Though the specs are low on that one, Then there's this one for around $180 http://www.danytech.com/product/q4-quadcore I wanted to know, what you think about such tablets, and should I even try to consider them?

Welcome to Android Central! AVOID AVOID AVOID those cheaper tablets. They always look good on paper, but quality control is usually questionable, performance is often subpar, you may not have access to Google Play, tech support will probably be nonexistent, and there won't be much of a user community to learn from.

That "Genius Tab" has only 1 GB of RAM (compared to 2 GB in the N7, which means faster and more efficient app opening and operation), a measly 1024x768 screen, and only 8 GB of storage ROM (which probably means only about 5 GB available to the user).

In my opinion, the 2013 N7 is the best value out there!
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thats exactly what I think about these 'tablets' and 'phones'. Getting the N7, I've had y eye on it for some time now. Starting to earn and save some dough, (teen :/) Thank you to everyone