Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problems with playing videos on Facebook

Hey Guys,

I Bought a 2013 Nexus 7 for myself last month and I adore it, except for one thing that's just started happening, whenever I play a video on Facebook it really bogs the tablet down to where it's unusable, I've tried force stopping everything that has to do with videos, the Gallery, and Facebook and the only solution I've found is to restart it, which is rather annoying. My unmodified HTC One is running 4.3 and it plays videos flawlessly. So has anyone else had this problem, and did you find a solution that's not as clunky as doing a restart? let me know.

Thanks!

UPDATE: I believe I have corrected it and apparently the Android "video player" has a bug, I'll give instructions to fix it: Go to Settings< Apps< Swipe to All, go to FB and where "Launch by Default" is, click "Clear defaults". Then the next time you go to FB and you play a video, a window will pop up asking if you want to play said content with "Photos" or "video player" select "Always" on "Photos", don't let the name fool you, it does play videos very well.

P.S. my Nexus 7 is also totally unmodified, running 4.4.2.