USB Jack in N7 2013 doesn't keep cord in. How do I fix

sethgoldstein

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
This has happened to me on all of my Android phones. The jack in the device gets loose and it's hard to keep the USB cable in. Any solutions? It's frustrating to keep it charging.

Gary300

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
This is the exact reason I use a Qi wireless charger. Any electronic connector is rated for only so many insertion/extraction cycles. You could try a new charger, where the male USB connector has not worn down yet.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me on all of my Android phones.

Considering all of the various manufacturers and configurations (and the fact I have not had issues on over 5 different devices made by 5 different manufacturers) you are probably being a little rough on your devices. Does a new cable help for a while? Those ports are a bit delicate and not anywhere near as robust ans a full size USB port. Add that to the fact that some go one way and some are upside down, if you are not careful bad things happen. :)

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
It didn't get great reviews though
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It didn't get any worse reviews that any of the other wireless chargers. Most of those people that gave it bad reviews probably did so because it wouldn't work with a half inch thick case or their device isn't even qi compatible I bet.

Take it from me, it works great, even through my rather thick folio case that I have on mine. Only thing I don't like is that there is a little bit of heat build up on the charging pas and the back of the device, but that is inherent with wireless charging.