What You'd Like To See In The New 2014 Nexus 7/8

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
First and foremost for me is a better landscape UI. Launchers weren't a help because every single launcher with the only exception of Smart Launcher use a phablet UI rather than a tablet UI when you rotate to landscape. I'd also like MHL support

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I would really like to see 802.11ac. And it(like anything else) could always use a bigger battery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that could possibly get me to upgrade from my 2013 is if they do a Nexus 8. I almost got the G-Pad 8.3 GPe (still not real sure why I didn't). I prefer a 7" tablet to a 10" tablet, but 8" is my sweet spot.

Things that would be nice to have, but won't get me to upgrade on their own (beyond the typical processor, gpu, etc.):
Wireless AC
Innovative camera software/hardware
More color options
64/128 GB options
Front facing speakers

Also, please let the Nexus with an SD nonsense die. It. Will. Not. Happen. Stop asking. Stop saying its on your wishlist. Apple will put an SD in an iPhone before Google adds SD back to a Nexus. Internal storage is the way to go. SD cards do nothing but cause problems.

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see haptic feedback. I have a Nexus 10 and N5, and my brother has a N7 (2012). The first time I used his N7, I immediately noticed the lack of haptic feedback - it's a simple thing that really adds to the touchscreen experience.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I will be very disappointed if the next mid-size Nexus is only available in an 8-inch size, with no 7-incher.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I so miss that.
I'd like to see haptic feedback. I have a Nexus 10 and N5, and my brother has a N7 (2012). The first time I used his N7, I immediately noticed the lack of haptic feedback - it's a simple thing that really adds to the touchscreen experience.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see a standardized POGO charger for all Nexus devices created regardless ot manufactuer. Google needs to step to the late and set the example so we can start getting better cross device accessories.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see a standardized POGO charger for all Nexus devices created regardless ot manufactuer. Google needs to step to the late and set the example so we can start getting better cross device accessories.

I would want them to preserve wireless charging over POGO.