Can't Add Home Screens

AwesomeWhiskey

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey all, new to the Nexus here. I have a Nexus 7 running 4.4.2.

It seems I can't have any more or less than exactly 5 home screens. I'm also missing the ability to swipe left for Google Now. I've apparently setup Google Now -- I've got the "g" in the top left in landscape, google search, can see the cards from the lock screen or from tapping the "g". I've rolled back the updates, reapplied the updates. To confuse me even more, I can't even add more home screens using a 3rd party launcher like Nova or GO. I'm thinking I'm just going to have to try a factory settings restore and see where that takes me, but I'm hoping one of you fine folks has a better solution.

Any help is appreciated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Those features are exclusive to the Google Experience Launcher, which currently only comes stock on the Nexus 5. You can install GEL on a Nexus 7, buy it can be a little buggy (I don't currently have a link, but just search for "Nexus 7 install GEL").

You can always install Nova to be able to add more than five homescreens.

Posted via Android Central App

AwesomeWhiskey

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, looks promising. I had assumed from what I had read that GEL was part of KitKat. Apparently I'm jumping the gun. No time to try it out now, but I will when I get a chance. Thanks!

AwesomeWhiskey

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Yep, was able to sideload it, but definitely buggy. I'll stick with the stock launcher for now. Hopefully Google will make the new GEL available on the 7 soon. Thanks for the help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2