Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default inconsistent wireless charging notification sound

Does anyone who uses wireless charging notice that maybe 25% of the time when you put the n7 on the WC pad it fails to make the ”charging started" sound. Most of the time it works, but it is not very consistent. I have noticed that when it doesn't make the sound, it IS still charging (providing it is placed on the pad correctly) , so I guess it really doesn't affect the functionality, but it would be nice if it made the sound every time to assure me of a positive connection with the WC unit.
    Anybody have any input on this?

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

Default Re: inconsistent wireless charging notification sound

Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    Does anyone who uses wireless charging notice that maybe 25% of the time when you put the n7 on the WC pad it fails to make the ”charging started" sound. Most of the time it works, but it is not very consistent. I have noticed that when it doesn't make the sound, it IS still charging (providing it is placed on the pad correctly) , so I guess it really doesn't affect the functionality, but it would be nice if it made the sound every time to assure me of a positive connection with the WC unit.
    Anybody have any input on this?
    It's inconsistent on my Nexus 5 as well. I don't mind, I would rather not wake my wife if she is sleeping. I just make sure the charging notification(Light Flow) comes on.
    N5 Black 32GB 4.4.2(I love this thing!!), N4 (4.4.2), iphone 5, etc., N7(4.4.2) AT&T(2 Unlimited Plan's) The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...
    Thanked by:
    brosko 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for reply. I don't mind ethier. I was just more curious than anything I guess. I kinda like the sound only because I have a folio case on my n7 and when I put it on to charge I obviously do so with cover closed, so ant visual confirmation will do me no good. That's why sound is nice IMO.

Inconsistent here too.

N7 2013

Still charges though

B
    Thanked by:
    brosko 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

While on the subject of wireless charging, do you know what an acceptable battery temperature would be when charging. I have noticed that both the back of the device and the WC pad get really warm after charging for 15 or so minutes. I just took mine off the wireless charger and the battery temp was at 93 degrees Fahrenheit. Is this normal?

I find it's the QI charger that creates most of the heat. So what I do is put my N7 on the night table face down and put the QI charger face down on top of my N7.

So everything is upside down.

Try it and let us know what your temperature readings are afterwards.

B
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Buffster5505 View Post
    I find it's the QI charger that creates most of the heat. So what I do is put my N7 on the night table face down and put the QI charger face down on top of my N7.

So everything is upside down.

Try it and let us know what your temperature readings are afterwards.

B
    Good idea. I will try it and report back. Also I just noticed that it seems perfect placement is key, as when I took care to perfectly place my nexus dead center on the pad the battery temp stayed in the mid 80's. It seems to struggle charging when its not centered as well thus generating more heat?

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    While on the subject of wireless charging, do you know what an acceptable battery temperature would be when charging. I have noticed that both the back of the device and the WC pad get really warm after charging for 15 or so minutes. I just took mine off the wireless charger and the battery temp was at 93 degrees Fahrenheit. Is this normal?
    Well I can't compare to your N7(I have the old one) but my N5 generates no heat at all on this charger. Amazon.com: Lerway Wireless Qi Power Charger Pad for Lumia920 HTC 8X S4 S3 Note II (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories and gets slightly warm on a dual energizer charger. Just guessing I would say in the 100F range.

They do charge faster at first then slow the charge rate and seem to cool as time passes. When you get up near 80% does it cool then or is it still hot? If its not cooling off by then. I would be concerned. 98F Is not that hot for a battery.
    N5 Black 32GB 4.4.2(I love this thing!!), N4 (4.4.2), iphone 5, etc., N7(4.4.2) AT&T(2 Unlimited Plan's) The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

It gets progressively cooler as it nears a full charge. I guess it's all good.

I would not worry about temps around 100 degrees. Your phone is getting that hot if you put it in your pocket. More if you move at all or go out in the sun.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by jerrykur View Post
    I would not worry about temps around 100 degrees. Your phone is getting that hot if you put it in your pocket. More if you move at all or go out in the sun.
    jerrykur, does your n7 have the inconsistent charging sound when put on the charging pad that I described in my first post?