Apps keep needing External SD Card to work

John Daley1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Is it me or are others having trouble getting apps like Swiftkey, Evernote, and Lecturenotes to work because they need an external SD card.

I have a meenova with Media Importer but thats just for my music collection. I cant keep a device plugged into the N7 and not expect the pins in the miniusb to bend especially if I'm in the field.

Stickmount refuses to run as it stops working on my stock rooted N7.

They should at least build in some emulation of an external card so we can run apps that need external SD card.

I am new to the N7 so if I am not picking up on a work around for apps that need an external SD card, let me know. I would take this thing back and get an Apple device but I like side loading apps and not having a music collection stuck in itunes.

Thanks

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't use Lecturenotes, but SwiftKey and Evernote work fine on my One.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

John Daley1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Its a mystery to me.

I should add that I disabled some of the google apps (not services) and maybe I disabled something that makes it appear to other apps that I dont have a SD card.

I just installed HANDYNOTE upon launch it say "SD Card not available. The application will quit"

Last edited:

John Daley1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
A complete restore of the factory image solved this.

Dont know what happened, but FYI if appps tell you, you need a SD card, most likely its a porked OS.

Now to reinstall all my apps

Issue closed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke