How is the Nexus 7 tablet

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The 2013 Nexus 7 is an all-around excellent device. It's fast, has a beautiful HD screen, is first in line to get updates from Google, and is the perfect middle ground between portability and readability. There are a lot of threads in this subforum describing people's experiences (mostly good, some bad), so check them out!

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
It's a great tablet, the screen is especially crisp and beautiful! If you buy one just be careful to check your device for any defects thoroughly when you first get it. I would also suggest buying from a retailer with a lenient return policy (like amazon) just in case.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I just bought my 2nd gen nexus 7. I got the 16 GB model because I don't plan on storing many files on it locally. I will mostly use it as a play device just browsing the web and playing some casual games. The work I need to do I will use Google Drive to store the docs. I can't wait for it to come!

Posted via Android Central App

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
the n7 is my first tablet and i think i made the right choice. forget the awesome screen, os, and anything else that's awesome about the n7. the best part of this tablet is the design. it's so easy to use and it's easy on the hand.

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up my 32GB version a few hours ago from Best Buy(they price matched amazon BTW). So far I really like it. On coming from an iPad mini with the Retina Display and this display really gives the iPad a run for its money. The only thing I'm nervous about is the battery life. I believe that it takes a few cycles to truly see what the battery life is like on any new device, but so far it seems to be slipping quickly. And I haven't played any games. Just updates, syncing, and web browsing. The only thing I think this device is missing is 802.11ac. Oh, did I mention the display is beautiful!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Battery gets WAY better after several use/charge cycles. I notices a 30% or more increase in battery time after "break in".

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Battery gets WAY better after several use/charge cycles. I notices a 30% or more increase in battery time after "break in".

That's what I was thinking. I haven't even had one charge cycle yet, since I bought it today. So I'm not to concerned about the battery drain I've seen today.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
The first time I used mine the battery was going down 1% every couple of minutes it seemed. Much better now after 15-20 charge cycles. I get an average of 7-8 hours of screen on time now.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

this is true.

when i first charged my n7, it showed around 27 hours. after couple of cycles, it started to climb up to 28, 29, and now when i fully charge the n7, it shows 31 hours of use. even with heavy usage, the battery never seems to go down below 20% (single day use). i charge my n7 around 3 times a week and i use my n7 daily for various purposes.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
this is true.

when i first charged my n7, it showed around 27 hours. after couple of cycles, it started to climb up to 28, 29, and now when i fully charge the n7, it shows 31 hours of use. even with heavy usage, the battery never seems to go down below 20% (single day use). i charge my n7 around 3 times a week and i use my n7 daily for various purposes.

What do you get for screen on time? I think that is the more valuable measurement when talking about battery usage.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
What do you get for screen on time? I think that is the more valuable measurement when talking about battery usage.

i'm not really sure. i don't really look or keep track of those things but this is my daily use of my n5:

between 1-2 hours of pandora. during my commute. volume is either 100% or 95%.
3-5 phone calls lasting between 1-5 minutes.
20-30 texts.
about 2-3 hours of waze or trapster (depending on traffic).
1-2 hours of bluetooth tethering to my n7.
games for about 1 hour. right now, i'm playing pocket league 2 (i dont even like soccer and i can't seem to stop myself from playing this game daily).
30-60 minutes of chromecast.

when i wake up, the phone is usually around 99-95% (i charge the night before to 100%). by the time i'm done with work and i come home, the battery is usually right around 30%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12