Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7: Wireless USB Mouse not working with OTG Cable

I just opened my OTG cable and tried connecting a Logitech MX Darkfield mouse to the tablet and it does not recognize it at all. I have also tried my brother's Logitech M560 and still no difference but my wired Logitech G400 works. I was wondering what was your experience with connecting a wireless USB mouse to the tablet through an OTG cable and if you had any successful connections.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-06-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Default Re: Wireless USB Mouse not working with OTG Cable

I'm not positive, but I don't think it's possible via OTG. The Nexus 7 doesn't really support OTG. The Nexus Media Importer App is the one and only thing that can recognize an OTG device, but even then, it's storage devices ONLY (ie: flash drives)

Hello,
    I have have the same situation..I have two Logitech USB mice.One works and the other does not. I have not tried it with Kit Kat though but I suspect the same issue.
    Goodluck
    jolphil
    Edit: Just tried it again,same here.
    M325 Did not work
    P/N 810-000197 did work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by vmurph View Post
    I'm not positive, but I don't think it's possible via OTG. The Nexus 7 doesn't really support OTG. The Nexus Media Importer App is the one and only thing that can recognize an OTG device, but even then, it's storage devices ONLY (ie: flash drives)
    He said his wired mouse works. READ THE POST

From mah shiny new Nexus 5

ROM
    Stock

Long ago, I had a time when a wireless mouse didn't work on Windows until the proper driver was installed, And Windows has built in drivers for a whole pile of devices compared to Android's few. I suspect that you may be dealing with a mouse/receiver that Android doesn't handle.

Although I can't speak about a specific wireless mouse for use on Android with the OTG cable, I plan on trying my Microsoft blue tooth mouse on mine in the near future.

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

Tried with my Logitech wireless M325 mouse - doesn't work on my 2013 N7, works on my 2012 N7.