Nexus 7: for people who are happy with the tablet, have you encountered any minor problems?

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: for people who are happy with the tablet, have you encountered any minor problems?

There's a camera on my Nexus 7?!!!

Just kidding. I have never used the camera, maybe that is why I have never had a random reboot? Also I have a lot of DSLRs and other cameras.

I have used the camera several times without a problem.

Android_1234

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: for people who are happy with the tablet, have you encountered any minor problems?

The search bar widget stays on "remove" when I remove an app from the homescreen, Not sure if this is even a minor problem.

August Schunk

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

As this is my first Android device, I am not sure if this is an Android problem or an issue with my Nexus 7 but I often can't connect with free WiFi networks. Starbucks works most of the time but the free WiFi at Vons and some hotels connects but I am not able to access the internet.
I know there is a web page that is supposed to load so I can accept the usage policy but it never loads.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried "forgetting" those public wifi networks first, then trying to reconnect?

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Yup, I never have had a random reboot. The ironic thing is the n7 is the ONLY device that I own that I have NOT had a random reboot. I have 5 or so samsung devices and ALL of them have suddenly rebooted on their own at least once over the last 6 months or so.

I spoke too soon! Just had my first random reboot this morning. While using the camera to take a picture of my son it just froze, them the device rebooted. Now I don't feel so left out.:)

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
the weird thing is that when I go to clear the cache a for the camera app it won't clear. I click clear cache and nothing happens. Any advice.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I spoke too soon! Just had my first random reboot this morning. While using the camera to take a picture of my son it just froze, them the device rebooted. Now I don't feel so left out.:)

So maybe there is something to the reboot being camera related.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
So maybe there is something to the reboot being camera related.

I would say yes there is some merit to it! I have put almost 2 months use and at least a couple of hundred of hours of use on my n7 since I bought it with out a single surprise reboot, during that time I used the Camera a few times without a problem, but today when I used the camera I guess I "rolled the dice"one too many times and the reboot issue finally got me! :(

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I would say yes there is some merit to it! I have put almost 2 months use and at least a couple of hundred of hours of use on my n7 since I bought it with out a single surprise reboot, during that time I used the Camera a few times without a problem, but today when I used the camera I guess I "rolled the dice"one too many times and the reboot issue finally got me! :(

Too me it is just another reason never to use the camera in a tablet.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
My experience has been pretty good except for an occasional screen flicker that had me thinking it was my eyesight for a bit (and scared the hell out of me) and the grounding issue with the keyboard. (Where you have to have full contact with some part of the tablet to type on it)

jmsk

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I have had multiple random reboots. This is my first android device and I like it, but do not like the random reboots. I do not know if it is worth trying to exchange it for a new tablet or sending it in for service.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I have had multiple random reboots. This is my first android device and I like it, but do not like the random reboots. I do not know if it is worth trying to exchange it for a new tablet or sending it in for service.

If you can still return it I would do so. You might regret it once past the return window and the thing is rebooting every minute. How often does it reboot?

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Too me it is just another reason never to use the camera in a tablet.

I agree. Also on a side note, I tried to "like" your statement, but for some reason the like button won't work on the mobile version of the website. Anyone know why or have this problem too?

Barracuda7772

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I have tiny light Bleed, and the right bezel part of the screen has poor touch recognition most apperant when drawing in apps

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
My only real beef with mine is that my preferred method of hooking up to my TV is wired using HDMI, not wireless, and currently the only way to do that is with a slimport adapter. Not a fan of the Slimport standard.

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
This is my third tablet. I've had the Samsung Galaxy tablet and various iPads, this is my favorite! My one and only gripe is the low WiFi signals I get around my house and other places with WiFi. My nexus 5 has the same problem so it must be all the Nexus devices...? I do have the light bleed problem but it really doesn't bother me.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
This is my third tablet. I've had the Samsung Galaxy tablet and various iPads, this is my favorite! My one and only gripe is the low WiFi signals I get around my house and other places with WiFi. My nexus 5 has the same problem so it must be all the Nexus devices...? I do have the light bleed problem but it really doesn't bother me.

I have noticed the wifi reception on my n7 is as good or maybe even a little better than my samsung tab 3 8.0.

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed the wifi reception on my n7 is as good or maybe even a little better than my samsung tab 3 8.0.

Really? Definitely not the case here. I have a small 1,500sq foot house and I don't get a strong WiFi signal unless I'm in the same room as my router. I'm using a 6th gen Airport Extreme router with 802.11ac.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo