Nexus 7: for people who are happy with the tablet, have you encountered any minor problems?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
have you had any minor problems with this tablet?

sometimes when i have problems with the tablet, i don't know if it is "normal" (just like it is normal for the old computers to have a blue death screen. ) or if it is really the tablet's problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

jolphil

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: for people who are happy with the tablet, have you encountered any minor problems?

Let me first say that this N7 V2 is my first tablet , thus I cannot compare it with others . I wonder if I am just lucky,after reading the various Nexus websites for problems.I do however believe that many if not most dissatisfied people will post to these websites for help, while most folks who are pleased with their purchase will just read them without comment.That said, I am very happy with my device and have gone thru all the upgrades without a hitch. My N7 works as advertised and I will be keeping it as long as possible.
I enjoy it's unique features as well as it's limitations.It does not replace my Desktop/Laptop PC's in Windows or Linux.
jolphil:D

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: for people who are happy with the tablet, have you encountered any minor problems?

I may just be lucky with my devices, but have not had any problems with mine.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

the only minor issue is the touch sensitivity. but it's been working great lately.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

Mine has been great as far as touch screen and random reboots and some of the more common problems. I have had none. My only complaint is the light bleed at the top of the screen. Most have this. Btw I had to go through a few first to get the "acceptable" one. I love the tablet though!

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

This is my first tablet and I am well pleased. So far, no negative issues at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Mine has been great as far as touch screen and random reboots and some of the more common problems. I have had none. My only complaint is the light bleed at the top of the screen. Most have this. Btw I had to go through a few first to get the "acceptable" one. I love the tablet though!

light bleeding at the top of the screen? pics? i dont think i have this but now i'm scared to look.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

It's a little brighter on top of screen just left of center. (Washes out the notification bar a little) not a huge deal really. My tablet works perfectly, not one dead pixel or reboot. All things considered, I got lucky in that respect. I have read throughout various forums and different sites on the internet that the problems could be ALOT worse. I will try to post a pic in the next day or so.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

i didn't even notice it... until now :'(

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

i didn't even notice it... until now :'(

You have lightbleed too? I think almost all n7's have at least a minor amount of light bleed. It's much more than you'll see on a samsung, that's for damn sure. I just don't pay any attention to it, and am just happy it's not rebooting randomly on me. :)

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

You'll also notice that if you twist and tweak the device ever so slightly you will see all kinds of screen changes and you can actually change where the lightbleed comes from.

Btw, my first device (which I sent back to amazon) had such a horrible amount of lightbleed that it was almost comical! I mean so bad the screen wasn't even black on the start up screen. The whole screen was nothing but a big lightbleed all the way to the center. :(

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

amazing, i thought that everyone should have at least one random shut down or reboot which is "normal". i didn't know that there are people who have never had any of those problems at all.

i just had the camera froze, then reboot all by itself. i am not sure if it was caused by other apps or widgets or the tablet itself, so far, i only have had it once.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

yup, i just noticed it...

normally this would bother me but it doesn't seem that bad.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

amazing, i thought that everyone should have at least one random shut down or reboot which is "normal". i didn't know that there are people who have never had any of those problems at all.

i just had the camera froze, then reboot all by itself. i am not sure if it was caused by other apps or widgets or the tablet itself, so far, i only have had it once.

i've had my n7 for about 4 weeks now and so far (fingers crossed), my n7 has not shut down or reboot on it's own. i did however have touch sensitivity issues in the beginning.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

Ya I can't stop using it

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 or iPhone 5

Sassi666

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

So far no problems :) I've had it since Christmas day with no dead pixels, no noticeable light bleed, no reboots, no touch issues, all good so far. I previously had an iPad 2 and I find touch on this much more responsive than my ipad 2 which had pretty poor response sometimes. It seems I have been lucky, but we shall see. I've not tried GPS as I don't use it, if I need in-car navigation I use my phone and I've not tried bluetooth other than to switch it on to check it works so I can't comment on those. Wifi is a bit weird and this is probably my only criticism. I have a router that broadcasts at 2 frequencies on the lowest it is fine and connects every time on the faster connection it will sometimes connect and be good and other times it'll say it's out of range, even when I'm standing right next to it even though it works fine on my macbook air. But it's a minor thing as I just stay connected to the slower connection with no noticeable slow down in web browsing, etc.

I just put it flat on my coffee table and tried using it without touching it other than to navigate the screen - it was still fine, no problems with touch sensitivity at all.

OK a quick update, I just did a lightbleed test and at 100% brightness in a dark room there is some in the top right corner along the top and down the side. But I can only see it in this test. At normal brightness the status bar still looks black and watching movies in the dark I can't see it at all. So it's actually only visible when you crank the brightness right up and look at it in the dark - I never use over 50% brightness, it's usually 10-30 ish and I certainly can't see the lightbleed even in the dark with this setting, even knowing it's there and where it is.

Last edited:

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

i just had the camera froze, then reboot all by itself f. i am not sure if it was caused by other apps or widgets or the tablet itself, so far, i only have had it once.

You have to consider that a lot of people who go to forums have some issues that they need help with, so it makes it seem like those issues are more common. The small minority usually speaks louder than the majority who don't have issues at all.

Even with the supposed "perfect" iPhone, if you go to an iPhone dedicated forum, you'll see quite a bit of people who have issues even though a majority of the population have none.

In reference to your original post, I did have the touchscreen issues which so far have been rectified and I'm quite happy. I don't have light bleed issues, crashes, or poor performance though.

geekynerd00

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site

The only issue I've had is the day I got it, I tried opening the camera app and it forced a restart. Same thing again, until I noticed an update had to be installed. Virtually no problems since. 😀

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

Yup, I never have had a random reboot. The ironic thing is the n7 is the ONLY device that I own that I have NOT had a random reboot. I have 5 or so samsung devices and ALL of them have suddenly rebooted on their own at least once over the last 6 months or so.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

There's a camera on my Nexus 7?!!!

Just kidding. I have never used the camera, maybe that is why I have never had a random reboot? Also I have a lot of DSLRs and other cameras.