Nexus 7: I am so disappointed in this tablet... I want to sell it :(

jaimeastin

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have had this tablet since December. I have given it a fair shake. I took it everywhere, tried many things but it just is not up to par.. I like my surface 2 much better...

This tablet is so slow and sluggish, and this is just for web browsing and other apps running. I wanted to love this tablet but the OS is not up to par with the hardware or something. Android is this demanding? I mean, I cant believe the surface performs so much better. I was so frustrated the other night and reformatted the whole thing... Now, I personally believe it was the initial kit kat update that slowed it down has I and many on the forum thought as well. Some suggested factoring resetting the device... Well I did, but I have not desire to set it up again. I put it back in the box and I have it on craigslist as I do not meet the requirements to post on the forums.

Maybe another time and another device, but the nexus 7 in all its nice form factor stings with kit kat... I say this because when I purchased it with jelly bean, it was fine... I know that some say it is asus with bad display or display drivers... What ever the case, the nexus 7 (2013) is not for me. Funny thing is, I cant even sell it and I have the price down to $170, lol...

Last edited by a moderator:

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: I am so disappointed in this tablet... I want to sell it :(

Strange your are seeing performance issues. Mine is as fast as a Surface 2 Pro or an Ipad 4.

Best of luck on your sale.

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

I've had no problems with mine whatsoever (android 4.4.2 , rooted with the Franco kernel) and I absolutely love it ..

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

not sure if the sale is over but that might be the reason you can't see to sell it at that price. just couple of weeks ago, many retailers were selling the n7 for 170 new.

DesireDroid

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

That's not normal behaviour at all. I'm sure you could get a replacement and you would love it. Mine did not get slower one bit with KitKat installed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

The nexus 7 might be a lot of things, some bad and some good, but I promise you slow it IS NOT. You have something wrong with your device. RMA it or get replacement.

jaimeastin

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I know it should not be slow... Maybe I will set it up again to test with it... I am not sure if it is the screen or os. I can't type on the web or anything precise when I use it. After a restart, it would perform better. I mean, I am just using chrome, lol. No major apps. I was always making sure apps were closed just to use chrome..

Thanks for the support guys. I might just try the RMA in the mean time. I really do like the battery and size.

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

not sure if the sale is over but that might be the reason you can't see to sell it at that price. just couple of weeks ago, many retailers were selling the n7 for 170 new.

Was it for the 2012 or 2013 version?

To the OP, sorry about not liking the nexus 7. I have heard a lot of good things about them. Thinking about picking one up myself.

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

jaimeastin

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Was it for the 2012 or 2013 version?

To the OP, sorry about not liking the nexus 7. I have heard a lot of good things about them. Thinking about picking one up myself.

2013 prices are down to 170/180. Maybe I will do $150... But I was also selling it with a poetic case, screen protectors, and maybe a wireless charger...

Yeah, I will attempt to play with later this afternoon. It would have value if I could use it.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

2013 prices are down to 170/180. Maybe I will do $150... But I was also selling it with a poetic case, screen protectors, and maybe a wireless charger...

Yeah, I will attempt to play with later this afternoon. It would have value if I could use it.

well if you have all those accessories, i think you'll get more if you sell them separately. but if i was in the market for a used n7 and you offered me what you have (n7 plus accessories), i'd be willing to pay you 170/180. but i have a feeling if you sell these things separately, you can clear 200.

muddy211

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Hi Jamie,

After reading your OP and the responses it seems to me you should start the process to get it returned and replaced while you still can...I was in BB the other day with the ball and chain and was playing through all the tablets...Samsung, Surface, Apple etc....from what I saw the N7 still smokes them....I would definitely initiate the return process...Good Luck...

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

Ah, didn't they start at like 260 or something? I think maybe 279 for the 32gb but I'm not sure. I could easily go to the play store and look, but hey. I'm gonna just guess haha.

Most likely gonna be picking one up pretty soon.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I have had this tablet since December. I have given it a fair shake. I took it everywhere, tried many things but it just is not up to par.. I like my surface 2 much better...

After getting a Surface RT on Black Friday, my Nexus 7 2013 just sat in a drawer. I put it on Craigslist for $200. Ended up selling it yesterday for $180. FWIW, I never had performance issues with it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jaimeastin

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Well, sold it. Will try again later :)

Actually thinking about the galaxy note or the lumia 1520.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine runs great but tends to flicker occasionally quite a bit. I am looking to get a new case for it because the one I got with it is very lousy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37