Hi,

I had some issues with the Nexus 7 2013. I spilled some water on it, let it dry for a day and blew it dry with a hairdryer but very carefully. Now it fires up with just Power + Volume Up. This shows a droid with 'No command'. Any other button combination yields zero results. I can't get into recovery, the bootloader or fast boot. Laptop won't recognise the tablet, only when I just power it on it will find 'QHSUSB_DLOAD' which it can't find any drivers for.

EDIT: Just as I type this, pressing random buttons all the time resulted into booting into Android!

But now, I noticed the Volume Up button is not working Guess that's why I couldn't get into the bootloader. But now I want to flash recovery on it, but I can't get intro recovery because Volume Up is not working??

Any fix for this? Or can I just use the Nexus Root Toolkit to unlock, root and install recovery? Would I be able to access recovery from android (like a 'reboot the recovery' option?). Or swap the buttons so that pressing up is volume down, and down is volume up?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT2: After shutting down we're again at the 'no command' screen :\
    02-07-2014 04:47 PM
    Shut it down and power it off right Now! Do not power it up until you dry it out.

To dry it out put the tablet in a bag of dry uncooked rice (or other desiccant) for a few days.

Best of luck.

02-07-2014 05:01 PM
    After pressing randomly again, the nexus booted. Now to bring it to a repairguy so we can get the volume button fixed. We'll see after that. This topic can be locked. Thanks a bunch.
    02-07-2014 05:23 PM
    Using a hair dryer was the first mistake, when an electronic device gets wet always power down right away. Put in rice then into the refrigerator. Using a heating device like a hair dryer can melt boards and other vital elements. Hope you can get it repaired.
    02-08-2014 07:17 AM