Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7: Is Android version 4.4 safe to download?

Hi

I recently just got the nexus 7 2nd generation and there's a system update downloaded. Is it safe to download and should I update to version 4.4? I'm not too sure if I should?

Has anybody updated to version 4.4? And is there any problems or have you had any problems after downloading it?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-07-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Global Posts
    6,874 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Is android version 4.4 safe to download?

Yes, it is safe. That's Kit Kat, which was released a little over 3 months ago. It will probably update again to 4.4.2 after that, also safe.

Global Posts
    1,507 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Did it the day I got mine. One big reason I got a new phone as well lok

Posted via HTC One Android Central App
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One

Mine updated right out of the box. I have had no problems whatsoever with Kit Kat. I love it?

I'd like to ask of the people that have updated, can you still tether wirelessly? I have a 2012 Nexus 7 that will connect but has no internet connection. I was told it was due to a bug in 4.4.
    I got a 2013 Nexus 7 yesterday. It's currently on 4.3 and wireless tethering (mobile hotspot connection) works. I'm hesitant to update if it's going to break wireless tethering.

I've never had a problem tethering to my 2nd gen N7 or my previous 1st gen N7's using either my One X, N5 or the N4 I used to have. My current N7 (2013) is on 4.4.2. Update!
    "Don't confuse me with facts, I've already made up my mind!"
    AT&T HTC One X 4.2.2 CleanROM-odexed/Xposed/ ElementalX, Nexus 5 32GB, Nexus 7 32GB (2013)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks for replying guys it really helped.

Global Posts
    1,507 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Quote Originally Posted by BudmanNC View Post
    I'd like to ask of the people that have updated, can you still tether wirelessly? I have a 2012 Nexus 7 that will connect but has no internet connection. I was told it was due to a bug in 4.4.
    I got a 2013 Nexus 7 yesterday. It's currently on 4.3 and wireless tethering (mobile hotspot connection) works. I'm hesitant to update if it's going to break wireless tethering.
    Yes you can tether wireless.. that is how i use mine out in the field
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One

Default Re: Nexus 7: Is Android version 4.4 safe to download?

Assuming you are talking about tethering to a phone or mobile hot spot then you should be fine. However, some of these devices require that you authorize the tablet/computer attempting to connect. That is so your hotspot does not end providing Wifi access to devices other than your own.

Default Re: Nexus 7: Is Android version 4.4 safe to download?

No problems here. Running 4.4.2

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk