Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JConn_Lefty
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I've seen articles stating that the N7 2013 sales have been relatively poor..

I thought it was selling like hot cakes???

the big print giveth, the small print taketh

Default Re: poor sales?

Don't believe everything you read. Fact check their sources. Your not going to get anything here that's accurate about their sale's of Nexus 7 (2013).

I just bought two of them to replace a Kindle Fire HDX, which was a dog and returned, and my wife's iPad. Very happy with the new Nexus 7.

I bought one today to replace my iPad. My buddy who works where I bought mine said they sell a lot of them and that it is one of the more popular Android tablets they sell.

I read that somewhere too. I was under the impression that they sold pretty well.

Posted via Android Central App

See this article Google Nexus 8 by Asus Slated for April Launch

apparantly they're not selling as well as the original nexus 7 less than 3,000,000 units by the end of last year compared with 6,000,000 of the original. The rumour is they're upping to an 8 inch screen to compete with the ipad mini directly as they are facing too much competition in the 7 inch market from both 7 inch tablets and larger smartphones. It also seems like they're sticking with Asus.

With tablets, it's hard for me not to recommend an ipad. It's the apps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kingsway8605 View Post
    With tablets, it's hard for me not to recommend an ipad. It's the apps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I just switched this weekend and other than Apple branded apps I didn't have any on my iPad that I couldn't get on my Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by spackmanstephen View Post
    I've seen articles stating that the N7 2013 sales have been relatively poor..
    That wouldn't surprise me... if it's poor sales in relation to the hit 2012 model. A lot of original N7 owners didn't have a compelling reason to upgrade, and there's still enough 2012 models floating around to undercut sales of the 2013 model to people who don't need the higher specs to read email and play candy crush. I don't think the rumored 8" screen will sell much better, but I'm not a silicon valley billionaire so what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn Rancher View Post
    That wouldn't surprise me... if it's poor sales in relation to the hit 2012 model. A lot of original N7 owners didn't have a compelling reason to upgrade, and there's still enough 2012 models floating around to undercut sales of the 2013 model to people who don't need the higher specs to read email and play candy crush. I don't think the rumored 8" screen will sell much better, but I'm not a silicon valley billionaire so what do I know?
    but you're a unicorn rancher!!! you must know something!!!!
    brosko likes this.

Given the widespread defect touchscreen control & RMA returns, I am not surprised! Put your device into a case on the table to see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemike162012 View Post
    Given the widespread defect touchscreen control & RMA returns, I am not surprised! Put your device into a case on the table to see what I mean.
    Yup, unfortunately you are correct. For someone who wants to use this tablet without holding it in hand it is as good as useless. What I wonder us are ALL of them this way? I believe they all could be defective in this way, and it has gone unnoticed/ignored because the vast majority of people using a tablet are ALWAYS holding it when doing so.