1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 stuck on Google logo screen on boot up

Hi all,

When I press the power button, it get stuck on the Google logo screen and won't move past it. I've tried going into the bootloader screen, but when I press Recovery mode, it just boots back up to the Google logo screen.

I tried to flash the stock image from Google's site, but I'm having trouble unlocking the bootloader. I'm on a Mac and have the adb/fastboot files in my current directory. I ran "./fastboot oem unlock" and on my Nexus, I accepted the changes. Afterwards the LOCK STATE says "unlocked". However, when I restart the bootloader (choosing "Restart bootloader" using the volume keys) it reverts back to "locked".

Help me please! Why is it doing this and how can I get it to stay unlocked? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Nexus 7 stuck on Google logo screen on boot up

Hi,
    One thing that has been bothering me is that you said you chose Restart Bootloader. After the Lock State says unlocked try to use your volume keys to select 'Start' and click the power button to factory reset and reboot. If the problem persists, do tell so I can suggest a user made bootloader unlocking tool.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply. I tried clicking 'Start' as suggested, and all I see is the Google logo again. Also, I believe I wiped everything from the Nexus because if I press the volume buttons while on the stuck screen, I see the 'Start' -> 'Power off' -> 'Recovery mode' -> 'Restart bootloader' options like I do when I'm in the bootloader.Nexus 7 stuck on Google logo screen on boot up-2014-02-13-07.17.40.jpg

I will suggest that you try the AIO Nexus 7 Flo tool from XDA developers. I would have supplied you with a link, but it is against the forum rules.
    Last edited by AndroidProf; 02-15-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Hi!, I have the exact same problem, I tried unlocking it using toolkits, etc. but im stuck on the same screen asu you, with the google logo and the e 'Start' -> 'Power off' -> 'Recovery mode' -> 'Restart bootloader' options like I do when I'm in the bootloader. Please if you find a solution id really appreciate I have over a month with this problem.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I had the same issue and phoned Asus support. They gave me an RMA number and I sent it in to them for repair. Turned out to be the processor board was dead. Sent it in on a Monday ,they fixed it Tuesday and I received it via courier on Thursday. Of course since the memory is on the same board it means your data is gone too. Since it was warranty it only cost me the shipping to send it them.

Posted via Android Central App