Way to reboot the N7 with screen taps?

J F4

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
For the life of me I can't see a way to swipe somewhere to find a button to reboot the device. I don't like to wear out the power button. On my old blackberry playbook I could swipe open a menu to choose to sleep, reboot or power down. Is this hidden somewhere in the N7? Thx

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I believe you would have to root the device in order to be able to reboot completely from the screen.

flacousa

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
If you just want the tablet to sleep or turn off the screen you can get a case with a magnet, no need to touch power button just close the cover.

Sent using my googlers glasses

Barracuda7772

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
If you just want the tablet to sleep or turn off the screen you can get a case with a magnet, no need to touch power button just close the cover.

I agree I had the same thing in mind and the magnetic cases work well most of the time. Sometimes you hear lots of clicking locking and unlocking rapidly.

It's not flawless but it does work

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

flacousa

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I guess it depends on the brand of the case, I have a Poetic on my 2012 n7 and never had problems

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone actually worn out the power button? I'd think it would be engineered for thousands of uses. (Poetic Slimline case user here.)

flacousa

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
My wife has an N7 2012 without a magnetic case, she uses her tablet allot for year and a half and the power button still going strong, my guess is the battery will give out before the on and off switch

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone actually worn out the power button? I'd think it would be engineered for thousands of uses. (Poetic Slimline case user here.)

I did wear out the home button on my iPhone 4 and when still in warranty apple would not replace it.

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I did wear out the home button on my iPhone 4 and when still in warranty apple would not replace it.

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

Whoa. That would put me off Apple forever. As if there aren't enough other reasons!