What size/type of SIM card does the Nexus 7 use?

oldnfit66

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
What size sim does the 4G LTE version take? I've looked all over, even on the Google and Asus sites and cannot find what it is.

Thanks.

April920

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an HTC One I use the hotspot to connect to my N7. Just curious on how much data can be used on the LTE version.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

sko580

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
That would depend on the data plan you have with your HTC One (if you plan to continue to use the tethering feature).

However there are multiple of data plans out there for Nexus 7 LTE, pre-paid and post-paid. I ended buying the Nexus 7 LTE version because there are times I need the data while on the road. I first started out trying out Verizon's prepaid for 1 GB for $20 per month. Since I am usually near wifi, I never went over the 1GB limit. There were times where I paid and did not use it at all during that month. AT&T introduced a pre-paid 1GB for $25 per 3 months. This ended up being a better option for saving money and tapping into data when I need it while on the road. Having data saved me a few times when I needed to access my work network to access files. Again, for $25 every 3 months is not bad. I hope other carriers would take note of that.

And when it comes to coverage between Verizon and AT&T, I love that fact that I can swap SIMs between the two on this one device. If I really need to, I can activate the Verizon pre-paid plan within minutes from the device itself.

I have an HTC One I use the hotspot to connect to my N7. Just curious on how much data can be used on the LTE version.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk