Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 Screen Distortion

I was using my nexus 7 and the touch screen wasn't responding so I pushed my finger into the screen pretty hard about 5 times. Each time I did this the screen started to distort since it's LCD. Everything seems fine, but ever since I did this I have been paranoid that I damaged the nexus somehow. Should I be concerned about anything and could this possibly do damage to anything?

Default Re: Nexus 7 Screen Distortion

I doubt you did any damage just by pressing on it to the point where it starts to distort. If that were the case than anyone who has ever done this to an lcd (almost everyone) would have damaged screens. If you press any harder than that then you probably will do damage and the first sign of that would be a cracked screen. If the screen looks fine then it more than likely is.

Also just out of curiosity When it wasnt responding did you have the nexus on a table or were you holding it?
    Banned

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

I also checked out the water-proof coating by running mine under the kitchen sink faucet for a little while...Still works perfectly!!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I think the reason it wasn't responding was because I was on the internet and lost connection.