Nexus 7: Battery Problem?

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
After 6 months of predictable battery performance my N7 (2013) suddenly requires more frequent charging. Apps at start-up are as expected. App power usage seems normal. Wifi, gps, bluetooth usage are as they always have been. Also, start-up (from power-off) seems slower.

Perhaps there is something running in the background that I cannot see. Is there a tool or procedure that can determine this? Perhaps the battery itself has degraded over time

Any suggestions to track this down?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Battery Problem?

You can try a battery monitor like GSAM to tell you what's using up the battery. Then, you might want to install Greenify to hibernate those misbehaving apps.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I don't believe your battery has degraded in such a short time. There is something running in the background even while the device is idle. A battery monitor will tell you what it is. Also, if you're not going to use it for more than a few minutes, turn it off rather than putting it to sleep. Apps are still running during sleep mode.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Ntchwaidumela
I think you are correct - there is something running in the background.
Any advice on how to find it (in an unrooted tablet) and how to minimize its drain?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

You can go into Settings>General>App Manager, then scroll to Running then stop any app you don't need to run.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Just curious, I installed GSAM Manager and it shows me Android Kernel using 70% of the battery. Is that normal? I have not used it in 3 days and it was completely dead. I have screen shots if anybody would like to see them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781