Suggestions for qi charger in kids room

N33k5

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
My 3 year old has my mother's old kindle fire 1st gen and the micro USB port is wore out. I am wanting to get him a newer tablet mostly for the sake of being able to charge it and have better battery life. I will probably be getting him a Nexus 7 2013 thus the reason why I am posting here and not elsewhere. I am wanting a good easy to use charger he can just walk over and put his nino on when the battery is low or dies on him.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Assuming the nino means a Nexus 7, almost any Qi charger would will work. You just place the table on the charger. The tablet will make a sounds when it detects the charger and start charging. Most chargers will work right through a case, unless the case is extra thick.

FWIW, I use the Nokia DT-900 which is about $25.00 at AT&T. If it matters, it comes in those bright Nokia phone colors or black.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I got the Nokia one from att for $25, or 3 for $19.

The Nokia one runs much cooler than the Chloe one.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Thanks! I wish I would of got a Nokia one now that you said it runs cooler. My one complaint about the choe charger is the excess heat it generates during charging.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I wish I would of got a Nokia one now that you said it runs cooler. My one complaint about the choe charger is the excess heat it generates during charging.

Yeah I stopped using it because I was seeing temp around 120 F

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I stopped using it because I was seeing temp around 120 F

120 degrees battery temp?
I have monitored mine and batt temp stays in upper 80's to lower 90's range, which isn't that bad, and that's the only reason I'm still using it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1392771285372.jpg

Yes, 120 F with screen off. The Nokia runs max 110, but more typically around 105. This is on a note 3, so a Nexus could be different. I also have a Kraken case which is pretty thick.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 105195

Yes, 120 F with screen off. The Nokia runs max 110, but more typically around 105. This is on a note 3, so a Nexus could be different. I also have a Kraken case which is pretty thick.

I use the same batt app. I guess my temp of 85-95 isn't that bad then.

chmedly

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site

I want to get some clarity here. If I read this right you are using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with a Trident Kraken Case and a Nokia wireless charging pad. Are you using the Samsung charging back? It's been my assumption that the Samsung wireless charging back is too thick and won't fit inside the Kraken case. Also, are you using the Kraken kickstand on your case?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I want to get some clarity here. If I read this right you are using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with a Trident Kraken Case and a Nokia wireless charging pad. Are you using the Samsung charging back? It's been my assumption that the Samsung wireless charging back is too thick and won't fit inside the Kraken case. Also, are you using the Kraken kickstand on your case?

Kickstand has to be removed for wireless charging since it's metal . The kickstand can easily be removed and installed though

I installed a non Samsung charging pad that sits between the battery and back cover, don't think that the Samsung back would work.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator