Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    N33k5's Avatar

    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

    Default Suggestions for qi charger in kids room

    My 3 year old has my mother's old kindle fire 1st gen and the micro USB port is wore out. I am wanting to get him a newer tablet mostly for the sake of being able to charge it and have better battery life. I will probably be getting him a Nexus 7 2013 thus the reason why I am posting here and not elsewhere. I am wanting a good easy to use charger he can just walk over and put his nino on when the battery is low or dies on him.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Suggestions for qi charger in kids room

    Assuming the nino means a Nexus 7, almost any Qi charger would will work. You just place the table on the charger. The tablet will make a sounds when it detects the charger and start charging. Most chargers will work right through a case, unless the case is extra thick.

    FWIW, I use the Nokia DT-900 which is about $25.00 at AT&T. If it matters, it comes in those bright Nokia phone colors or black.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Suggestions for qi charger in kids room

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...idcentral00-20

    I use this one. It works great, even through my thick folio style case.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Suggestions for qi charger in kids room

    Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...idcentral00-20

    I use this one. It works great, even through my thick folio style case.
    I got the Nokia one from att for $25, or 3 for $19.

    The Nokia one runs much cooler than the Chloe one.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    brosko likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Suggestions for qi charger in kids room

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I got the Nokia one from att for $25, or 3 for $19.

    The Nokia one runs much cooler than the Chloe one.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks! I wish I would of got a Nokia one now that you said it runs cooler. My one complaint about the choe charger is the excess heat it generates during charging.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Suggestions for qi charger in kids room

    Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    Thanks! I wish I would of got a Nokia one now that you said it runs cooler. My one complaint about the choe charger is the excess heat it generates during charging.
    Yeah I stopped using it because I was seeing temp around 120 F

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Suggestions for qi charger in kids room

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Yeah I stopped using it because I was seeing temp around 120 F

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    120 degrees battery temp?
    I have monitored mine and batt temp stays in upper 80's to lower 90's range, which isn't that bad, and that's the only reason I'm still using it.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Suggestions for qi charger in kids room

    Suggestions for qi charger in kids room-uploadfromtaptalk1392771285372.jpg

    Yes, 120 F with screen off. The Nokia runs max 110, but more typically around 105. This is on a note 3, so a Nexus could be different. I also have a Kraken case which is pretty thick.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Suggestions for qi charger in kids room

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392771285372.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	322.6 KB 
ID:	105195

    Yes, 120 F with screen off. The Nokia runs max 110, but more typically around 105. This is on a note 3, so a Nexus could be different. I also have a Kraken case which is pretty thick.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    I use the same batt app. I guess my temp of 85-95 isn't that bad then.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Suggestions for qi charger in kids room

    Your getting your 3 year old a tablet computer? Man, I wish you were my father when I was 3 (around 1950 LOL).

  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    N33k5's Avatar

    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

    Default Re: Suggestions for qi charger in kids room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary300 View Post
    Your getting your 3 year old a tablet computer? Man, I wish you were my father when I was 3 (around 1950 LOL).

    I'm his mother. And thanks everyone I'll hit up an AT&T store soon.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Suggestions for qi charger in kids room

    you can buy it online as well. free shipping last time i ordered.
  13. #13  
    chmedly's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

    Default Re: Suggestions for qi charger in kids room

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post

    Yes, 120 F with screen off. The Nokia runs max 110, but more typically around 105. This is on a note 3, so a Nexus could be different. I also have a Kraken case which is pretty thick.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    I want to get some clarity here. If I read this right you are using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with a Trident Kraken Case and a Nokia wireless charging pad. Are you using the Samsung charging back? It's been my assumption that the Samsung wireless charging back is too thick and won't fit inside the Kraken case. Also, are you using the Kraken kickstand on your case?
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Suggestions for qi charger in kids room

    Quote Originally Posted by chmedly View Post
    I want to get some clarity here. If I read this right you are using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with a Trident Kraken Case and a Nokia wireless charging pad. Are you using the Samsung charging back? It's been my assumption that the Samsung wireless charging back is too thick and won't fit inside the Kraken case. Also, are you using the Kraken kickstand on your case?
    Kickstand has to be removed for wireless charging since it's metal . The kickstand can easily be removed and installed though

    I installed a non Samsung charging pad that sits between the battery and back cover, don't think that the Samsung back would work.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  15. #15  
    chmedly's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

    Default Re: Suggestions for qi charger in kids room

    Any chance you have a link to the non Samsung charging pad you installed?
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Suggestions for qi charger in kids room

    Quote Originally Posted by chmedly View Post
    Any chance you have a link to the non Samsung charging pad you installed?
    This is the one I got. It came with the charging pad, but they nokia one ran cooler, so you use that instead

    http://www.amazon.com/Charging-Wirel...idcentral00-20

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-27-2014, 11:02 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 12:20 PM

Posting Permissions