Nexus 7: anyone else device got dead blue dot pixel on-screen?

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious to ask since I haven't heard much complains about this problem. It only appears when you reboot your device and when the "Google" logo appeared, the dead blue pixel is at the top of the letter "l" (google) in landscape mode. I am thinking of sending it in to Asus to fix my screen and touchscreen problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: anyone else device got dead blue dot pixel on-screen?

i didn't notice. was that the only time you see them during rebooting?

that maybe not the screen problem.

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Well I also see it on homescreen too if I tried hard enough to spot it. I did a few reboots today and I cant seem to spot it anymore due to lighting or something. Will try if its gone at night too. Minor issue when compared to the touchscreen. I found out rebooting the device a few times in secession fixes the touchscreen longer. A lot of surprises on this device.

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Update: I am happy to report that dead blue pixel has now miracously disappeared after rebootings my tablet today. Cannot see it anymore on my screen. My touchscreen also seem to be much better after the reboots. Hope it stay at this way so I can avoid sending it in for repair. I did watched some YouTube videos after the reboot, not sure it that helped too. Had this device for almost 3 months. Will update.

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
You should watch some HD videos on Youtube to make sure that an dead pixel and not an stuck pixel. Mine seem to be the latter after watching some vibrant HD video clips the blue dot disappeared.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy