How long is your battery lasting on the Nexus 7 FHD?

blackberrymamba

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The battery on mine doesn't seem to last too long. So was wondering what you guys were getting. I know it's suppose to be 7 hours movie time and 18 hours browsing internet/idle time but I want to know real world use.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
blackberrymama said:
The battery on mine doesn't seem to last too long. So was wondering what you guys were getting. I know it's suppose to be 7 hours movie time and 18 hours browsing internet/idle time but I want to know real world use.

I get 8 hours screen on time, strictly internet browsing, checking email and using a few apps here and there. No gaming, videos or music at all. Wi fi always on. Gps on batt save mode, bluetooth off, and brightness on 10-20%

Buffster5505

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Between 24 to 36 + hours

As good or better than my wife's iPad mini ( first gen ) ... which is VERY good to say the least.

I'm always on it .... rss feeds ... magazines .... newspaper .... Crosswords... Sudoku... Internet browsing .... Short Videos ....

Uses 2 to 4 % overnight ....

Nice tablet .... perfect form factor...

B

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I've kept mine off the charger for 3 days. I only use it when I am at home, and when I am gone it is on airplane mode. So basically I am getting 5 hours a day out of it, and those hours are heavy usage.

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Between 24 to 36 + hours

As good or better than my wife's iPad mini ( first gen ) ... which is VERY good to say the least.

I'm always on it .... rss feeds ... magazines .... newspaper .... Crosswords... Sudoku... Internet browsing .... Short Videos ....

Uses 2 to 4 % overnight ....

Nice tablet .... perfect form factor...

B

Hmm... Maybe your WiFi iPad mini has background task running or brightness setting on high cause compared to my nexus 7 fhd 8hrs versus my iPad mini 1st gen 11 hours, same setting on screen. Or maybe she on ios7 I'm still using 6.0 more battery efficient.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
One of the good rules set by the founders of this great forum is not to tell people to "search" we are here to help whether the topic has been discussed before or not.

Another is to not create a thread without searching first and a third is to leave the policing to the moderators. :) just saying

funny really, as we have a guy who breaks a rule by posting a repetitive thread without searching first, then another who reprimands him for it and a third pointing it all out. Don't you just love how internet forums work.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Another is to not create a thread without searching first and a third is to leave the policing to the moderators. :) just saying

funny really, as we have a guy who breaks a rule by posting a repetitive thread without searching first, then another who reprimands him for it and a third pointing it all out. Don't you just love how internet forums work.
To be honest, they dont bother me, been on them since the very first cell phone forum started. Trolls will always be here

blackberrymamba

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I've kept mine off the charger for 3 days. I only use it when I am at home, and when I am gone it is on airplane mode. So basically I am getting 5 hours a day out of it, and those hours are heavy usage.

15 hours on one charge? I don't get close to that...

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
On days I neglect it I can leave it for more than 5 days with notifications piling up.

Currently it is 80% charges, and has been on battery for 1d 9h 25m.

However, sometimes if I leave it with a lot of apps running, it can lose all its power and shut down in 2 days.

doug

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I have lately been preoccupied with getting the most I can out of my battery. This is an activity that is probably a real waste of my time. I the grand scheme of things does it really matter if I recharge once a week or twice a week??

Nevertheless, I use my N7 about 1-2 hours a day for podcasts, book reading, emails, some browsing and an occasional You-Tube. No games, no extended (Netflix) video. I'm using all of the well-known battery-saving tricks - wifi, gps, blutooth off when not needed, dark static wallpaper, screen off during podcast and music, minimal wakelocks, minimal notifications, etc, etc.

In recent weeks I've had about 12 hours of use between 100% and 14% of remaining battery charge.

blackberrymamba

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have lately been preoccupied with getting the most I can out of my battery. This is an activity that is probably a real waste of my time. I the grand scheme of things does it really matter if I recharge once a week or twice a week??

Nevertheless, I use my N7 about 1-2 hours a day for podcasts, book reading, emails, some browsing and an occasional You-Tube. No games, no extended (Netflix) video. I'm using all of the well-known battery-saving tricks - wifi, gps, blutooth off when not needed, dark static wallpaper, screen off during podcast and music, minimal wakelocks, minimal notifications, etc, etc.

In recent weeks I've had about 12 hours of use between 100% and 14% of remaining battery charge.

there a guide for this? I'm getting 4 hours on screen time minimal brightness just browsing internet with WiFi on. I do keep Bluetooth off, GPS location stuff on power saving. haven't had the tablet for more than a week either.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I quit worrying about battery life when I went to wireless charging. I just put the device on a charger when I am not using it. It charges even with the case on and is charged and ready to go when I need it.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke