Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By joe_fresh
  • 1 Post By joe_fresh
  • 1 Post By jerrykur
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How long is your battery lasting on the Nexus 7 FHD?

The battery on mine doesn't seem to last too long. So was wondering what you guys were getting. I know it's suppose to be 7 hours movie time and 18 hours browsing internet/idle time but I want to know real world use.

Default Re: How long is your battery lasting on the Nexus 7 FHD?

Quote Originally Posted by blackberrymama
    The battery on mine doesn't seem to last too long. So was wondering what you guys were getting. I know it's suppose to be 7 hours movie time and 18 hours browsing internet/idle time but I want to know real world use.

I get 8 hours screen on time, strictly internet browsing, checking email and using a few apps here and there. No gaming, videos or music at all. Wi fi always on. Gps on batt save mode, bluetooth off, and brightness on 10-20%

Global Posts
    931 Global Posts

next time search before creating new thread

this topic has been discussed many times and this is the link with few pages of posts already

How's your 2013 N7's battery life?

About 8 hours for me too. Mostly internet browsing and a few short video clips thought the day. Brightness in 15-20 maxinium.

Between 24 to 36 + hours

As good or better than my wife's iPad mini ( first gen ) ... which is VERY good to say the least.

I'm always on it .... rss feeds ... magazines .... newspaper .... Crosswords... Sudoku... Internet browsing .... Short Videos ....

Uses 2 to 4 % overnight ....

Nice tablet .... perfect form factor...

B

Global Posts
    1,501 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

I've kept mine off the charger for 3 days. I only use it when I am at home, and when I am gone it is on airplane mode. So basically I am getting 5 hours a day out of it, and those hours are heavy usage.

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One

Global Posts
    1,501 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Quote Originally Posted by gameson View Post
    next time search before creating new thread

this topic has been discussed many times and this is the link with few pages of posts already

How's your 2013 N7's battery life?
    One of the good rules set by the founders of this great forum is not to tell people to "search" we are here to help whether the topic has been discussed before or not.

Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One
    Thanked by:
    mikemike162012 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffster5505 View Post
    Between 24 to 36 + hours

As good or better than my wife's iPad mini ( first gen ) ... which is VERY good to say the least.

I'm always on it .... rss feeds ... magazines .... newspaper .... Crosswords... Sudoku... Internet browsing .... Short Videos ....

Uses 2 to 4 % overnight ....

Nice tablet .... perfect form factor...

B
    Hmm... Maybe your WiFi iPad mini has background task running or brightness setting on high cause compared to my nexus 7 fhd 8hrs versus my iPad mini 1st gen 11 hours, same setting on screen. Or maybe she on ios7 I'm still using 6.0 more battery efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by joe_fresh View Post
    One of the good rules set by the founders of this great forum is not to tell people to "search" we are here to help whether the topic has been discussed before or not.

Another is to not create a thread without searching first and a third is to leave the policing to the moderators. just saying

funny really, as we have a guy who breaks a rule by posting a repetitive thread without searching first, then another who reprimands him for it and a third pointing it all out. Don't you just love how internet forums work.

Global Posts
    1,501 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    Another is to not create a thread without searching first and a third is to leave the policing to the moderators. just saying

funny really, as we have a guy who breaks a rule by posting a repetitive thread without searching first, then another who reprimands him for it and a third pointing it all out. Don't you just love how internet forums work.
    To be honest, they dont bother me, been on them since the very first cell phone forum started. Trolls will always be here
    brosko likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by joe_fresh View Post
    I've kept mine off the charger for 3 days. I only use it when I am at home, and when I am gone it is on airplane mode. So basically I am getting 5 hours a day out of it, and those hours are heavy usage.

15 hours on one charge? I don't get close to that...

On days I neglect it I can leave it for more than 5 days with notifications piling up.

Currently it is 80% charges, and has been on battery for 1d 9h 25m.

However, sometimes if I leave it with a lot of apps running, it can lose all its power and shut down in 2 days.

doug

I use the LTE version as my primary device. I get about 2 days between needed charges.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    You can observe a lot by watching- Yogi Berra

I have lately been preoccupied with getting the most I can out of my battery. This is an activity that is probably a real waste of my time. I the grand scheme of things does it really matter if I recharge once a week or twice a week??

Nevertheless, I use my N7 about 1-2 hours a day for podcasts, book reading, emails, some browsing and an occasional You-Tube. No games, no extended (Netflix) video. I'm using all of the well-known battery-saving tricks - wifi, gps, blutooth off when not needed, dark static wallpaper, screen off during podcast and music, minimal wakelocks, minimal notifications, etc, etc.

In recent weeks I've had about 12 hours of use between 100% and 14% of remaining battery charge.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by gerryp123 View Post
    I have lately been preoccupied with getting the most I can out of my battery. This is an activity that is probably a real waste of my time. I the grand scheme of things does it really matter if I recharge once a week or twice a week??

Nevertheless, I use my N7 about 1-2 hours a day for podcasts, book reading, emails, some browsing and an occasional You-Tube. No games, no extended (Netflix) video. I'm using all of the well-known battery-saving tricks - wifi, gps, blutooth off when not needed, dark static wallpaper, screen off during podcast and music, minimal wakelocks, minimal notifications, etc, etc.

In recent weeks I've had about 12 hours of use between 100% and 14% of remaining battery charge.
    there a guide for this? I'm getting 4 hours on screen time minimal brightness just browsing internet with WiFi on. I do keep Bluetooth off, GPS location stuff on power saving. haven't had the tablet for more than a week either.

I quit worrying about battery life when I went to wireless charging. I just put the device on a charger when I am not using it. It charges even with the case on and is charged and ready to go when I need it.

Posted via Android Central App
    brosko likes this.